Saturday, December 31, 2011

So Long 2011

I believe in life there are years that you will never forget, years that are your favorite and years that you just don't want to let go.  HOWEVER, there are years that you can't wait to be over, years that you feel you didn't accomplish much, and years you don't feel you grew much at all.  Not to be down and out but 2011 was just not my favorite year, not that good things didn't happen, because indeed they did.  Maybe it's the fact that I'm actually growing more than I realize that is making me think 2011 wasn't the greatest, when indeed it really was.
Here are some of my favorite moments of 2011...
-Christmas 2010, actually celebrated on Jan 1, 2011!  It was such a great Christmas, I think because I worked Christmas Day.
-Visiting cousins in Alabama in February, enjoying the beautiful spring weather and a mardi gras parade.
-I did love our Mad Hatter RS Birthday Party.
-Going to 2 sessions of Conference in April with the single kids.
-Meeting Orange Leaf and USwirl, if you haven't had it yet, make an effort.  So addicting!
-My cousin Deborah coming to NC for an unexpected visit and spending time with her and her kids in Charleston.
-Going to the temple monthly with my friend Emily as well as our Panera dinners; I sure miss them both.
-Surprising my mom for mothers day, by flying home and going to Wicked.  She had no idea, her reaction when I walked in the door was priceless.
-Our annual Hilton Head Memorial week CME with family.  This year it was fun to have Alabama cousins meet us there.  I love HH.
-June I made the decision to move.  At the time it felt like a great decision, now I'm definetly questioning it.
-Meeting my new niece Bridget in July.
-Watching Tanner's debut in Seven Brides For Seven Brothers.
-Going to New York twice!  Even better the second time with my sister by my side.
-Touring NC with Tenielle and at times by myself.
-Pool Time at the Middlebrooks!
-Lunch with Girlfriends, especially @ Amelies.
-A beautiful Fall in NC, it was so beautiful the day I left.
-The love, kindness, and gratitude I gave and received from those I worked with at EMP as we departed.
-Halloween week.
-It was so fun spending 10 days with my sister Tristen even though it was because of surgery.  We are so grateful for answered prayers, surgeons hands, and quick recoveries.
-Coming to understand more about charity as it was offered by those in Charlotte and in DL.
-A new opportunity at a new job in Urgent Care...Can't wait to start!
-Being home for all holidays for the first time in many years.
So maybe 2011 wasn't that bad of a year.  I'm sure if I listed the not so great moments of 2011, the good would out weight the bad, so I think I'll just leave it at that and look forward to favorite moments that will come in 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Heck yeah our Mad Hatter Party was awesome :)!!
    That is a nice list of great memories last year. Make this year even better :). And I need to try those yogurt places you listed...those were yogurt places right and not some Thai or Ethiopian restaurants??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have an orange leaf at the mall in Pineville just off of I-480. It is by far the best. Make it a date with Taya, Karen, and Cassie I'm pretty sure I told them all about it. Mad Hatter Party was awesome because of YOU. It's going to be great for sure, heck I'm living at mom and dads, what could be better!

    ReplyDelete