Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Welcomes With A Bite

I am not a fan of the cold.  I think we all are aware of that.  I am a big complainer when it comes to being cold, however my walking partners are worse than I am and they are use to it.  This morning, December welcomed us with a bitter cold bite.  I'm talking freezing like no other.  Yes, the sun was shining, but the wind was out of this world.  Tenielle said it was up to 100 miles an hour in SLC this morning, not quite that bad here, but it was bad.  As I was walking way ahead of my mom and her friend, I was thinking, "I've go to be burning more calories today than I do when it's 80 degree's"  We have been jogging (they walk) 4 miles every morning.  We usually go the same route.  Well, just as we got out, I really thought they were going to turn around this morning and go home, however instead of going up the hill we turned a different direction.  We then took another detour through a new subdivision, well new to me.  I think we only went 3 miles, but it felt like more with the wicked wind.  I've been in for 30 minutes and my skin is still cold.  I'm not a bathtub kind of girl, but I think that is the only way I'm going to be able to warm myself up.  I have to put a plug in for my Bright Red Lands End Coat.  I got it at the Goodwill in Cleveland.  It was originally $8, but yellow tags were half off that day so I got it for $4.  Best $4 coat I have ever bought.  It seriously is the warmest coat I have ever owned.  Typically I take my coat off and leave it on the mailbox as we pass back by our house after 2 miles since I've usually warmed up, but this morning, I didn't want to take it off even when I got home.
I do love December and I think that I will love it even more this year.  I'm going to enjoy every moment of this holiday season.  I love getting Christmas cards, holiday treats from neighbors (especially Sister Jones melt in your mouth chocolates), christmas parties, and decorations.  My mother still doesn't have her tree up; I think we will do it on Sunday, because our first holiday party is a Monday morning brunch.     I love the count down to Christmas by reading a scripture and story each day in December.
Mom and dad are leaving for the weekend, that means I get to be home by myself for the first time in months, literally.  Not that I'm going to do anything different, it's just going to be extra quiet.  It is so funny to me that I'm living with my parents.  Oh well, I have to save up for a down payment on a house, since I'm likely to stay in Idaho.  I only spent nearly $15, 000 on moving expenses, yea glad I had it, but it would have been nice to use that towards a down payment or maybe on a new car.  It's only money right?  Since it takes about 4 weeks to get a license in Idaho I won't start working until at least Jan. 2.  Yes, I think I've decided on a job, but I let you know when it's a done deal.
This weekend I'm going to make a batch of peanut clusters.  I may even get some out in the mail to my dear friends in Charlotte who wait for them every Christmas season.   Hope you are enjoying December 1!  Bring on the Christmas Celebrations Folks!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your updates :). First off, I think I missed something! Did you get a job in Idaho and moving back and when did this happen and what happened to Montana and when are you coming to visit Charlotte and you better eat some Florence chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't really miss anything, I just haven't really come out and made the announcement that the first day in MT I realized it was not right. Bottom line. I worked 3 days and my dad came and packed me up. I hadn't unpacked except the kitchen, which I packed up quickly. And then I moved home. I know pathetic. 2 days later I applied to 3 jobs, in 2 hours I heard from all 3 and am narrowing down my choice, which I think I have here in Idaho. No, I don't want to be here. If it didn't cost so much to move back to CLT I would have in a heartbeat. I guess this is where I need to be. As for chocolates, I've had plenty these days! Don't know when I'll visit Charlotte next, but it won't be until it gets warm. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can think of certain people in Charlotte who would be really happy to see some peanut clusters. =) Email me your parents' address so I can send you a Christmas card!
    - Karen

    ReplyDelete