Friday, April 20, 2012

Fabulous Friday x 2

Yes, it has been almost a whole 2 weeks since I have blogged.  I chose not to lug my computer across the country.  I did think of blogging from a different computer, but decided I'd take a short break from it.  However that means I have to cover the fabulous things from the past two weeks.  So lets start with the Saturday before Easter....
1.  I went to work at a clinic that I hardly ever work at and learned after I got there that they were only open until 6 on Saturdays instead of 8 like the others.  Totally made my day, which then gave me the opportunity to meet my family for dinner.  We then stopped at Kneaders, picked up pies, which we took to Aunt Thalias and Uncle Roberts where we shared them with cousins Abe and Olivia who had flown in from Cleveland.  It was so fun to see them!
2.  Easter Sunday has already been covered here on my blog but it was a fabulous day indeed.
3.  Last Monday I flew to Charlotte.  Need I say more?  I felt like home as we drove to my empty house and visited my neighbors out in the street like old times.
4.  I enjoyed most of the next day with both of Nicks grandmother's picking out flowers that I would later plant in Nicks yard and having a lovely southern lunch of chicken and dumplins.
5.  We spent two wonderful days at Myrtle Beach, going to the crowded aquarium, shopping, walking the boardwalk and the beach, and enjoying meals at Drunkin Jacks, Grandma's Cafe, and Hard Rock Cafe!








6.  The Biltmore in Ashville was a slight disappointment because a frost got the tulips, but the day was beautiful and the house was decorated with tons and tons of flowers.
7.  We had a relaxing day on Saturday planting flowers, spreading mulch (Nick did that), trying out my new BBQ Pizza Pans (which I've tried to find for the past 2 years) and spending the evening having dinner and Rita's with the Cobbs, Beachums, and Coates.



8.  It was like being right at home in the Reedy Creek Ward on Sunday as I felt the spirit, especially during my dear friend Katie's RS lesson on Temples where she said "come to the temple to claim your blessings."
9.  I spent Sunday having conversations with my dear friends mama and papa Middlebrook, Cassie, and Rachel.
10.  Monday brought me great pleasure when I had lunch at Amelies with Emma and Karen; the best friends a girl could ask for who were the answers to my prayers.
11.  I stopped at the ED to see my co-workers, Michael, Dr. Kessler and Dr. Corrigan, where Dr. Corrigan asked me to put a chest tube in a guy and I was able to say, "Nope I don't do things like that anymore."  I enjoyed seeing my darling nurses and felt the sweet assurance that where I'm at in my work now is where I need to be.  I mean the craziness in the ED on a Monday afternoon is something I sure don't miss.
12.  Talbots didn't bring me as much joy, because I didn't spend $100, but I did find a few great buys.  I stopped off at my favorite Harrisburg Aldi's where I found my favorite Mango's for 49 cents and then enjoyed a lovely chat with Wendy.
13.  Monday night we enjoyed BBQ gourmet pizza with the Cobbs and introduced the Cobb kids to Rootbeer Floats.
14.  Tuesday presented a wonderful day for a 3 hour chat with girlfriends at the Park and the opportunity to hold the sweet Philip twins.
I sure love the Griffin kids

My friend Jennifer had identical twins.  They are darling

15.  As I went into my empty house again and drove away from it Tuesday afternoon, I finally felt the closure that I have been seeking for the past 6 months knowing that this amazing chapter in my life is over.  But will always love this beautiful road with the overlying trees!

16.  I've enjoyed two spring evening walks with my sister and cousin Alisha after working my 12 hour shifts this week.
17.  I was introduced to Bowel Of Heaven, granola, pure fruit sorbet, fresh fruit, then granola with a touch of honey.  Lets just say it's a good thing I don't work at the Eagle clinic often because I just might run out of money buying these every day.
18.  A friend that I grew up with and whom I haven't seen since graduating from high school brought her daughter to the clinic today.  It was so fun to see her and I felt so special when she asked for a hug.
19.  I danced with my nieces to California Girls today!  I loved walking in the door tonight hearing Aidree finally scream my name correctly, with pure happiness to see me.

20.  Our Maggie had puppies who will be a week old tomorrow.  They are too cute!  We lost 2, but still have 6.  My mom said she couldn't believe she was crying over a puppy when the second one passed.


21.  My moms Tulips finally bloomed while I was gone.  I sure love tulips!
22.  I went to CLT to have a wonderful, relaxing time, which I absolutely did.  What I wasn't expecting was to have the learning and growth that I experienced.  I was reminded to never settle for anything but the very best, that I deserve the highest respect a man can give.  That some people come in your life as blessings, others come in your life as lessons.  I learned you can't start the next chapter of your life, if you keep re-reading the last one. That sometimes prayers aren't answered by what you want, but by what you need.  Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance, you must keep peddling.  Friendship isn't about whom you've known the longest, it's about who came and never left your side. And that I must be willing to let go of the life I have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for me, even if it is in Boise, ID.  I'm learning for the millionth time to wait upon the Lord and trust in his timing, exercise my faith and be happy with whatever curve ball life throws!

1 comment:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading this post! =)

    It was WONDERFUL to see you! Let's do it again soon, okay? =)

    ReplyDelete