Saturday, April 28, 2012

Super Saturday

It's a super Saturday instead of a fabulous friday.  It has been a crazy busy week, but a good one.  Many fabulous things or rather super things were expereinced this week, despite the fact that I finished up 6 of 7 days.
1.  It was 91 on Sunday and Monday, which were both record breakers since 1938.  A lovely spring indeed.
2.  I saw a record number or patients for me on Tuesday; a total of 63.  It was never ending, but a busy day in the urgent care doesn't even compare to a good day in the ED.  Although I must admit 13 1/2  hours is a little much for this trooper.
3. Wednesday morning we said goodbye to our darling puppies with their eyes still closed and drove to SLC where we had dinner with friends, ran into cousins, went to a very long production of South Pacific and then I had a late night lovely walk and talk with my childhood friend Jenny, where I promised I would work on getting that passport so we can plan a trip for me to be able to get stamps in that passport book.
4.  Thursday we got up early enough to be on the road to Provo and in our seats just as the first session of Women's Conference began.  What a truly inspiring spiritual feast we enjoyed for two days.  It was exactly the spiritual boost I have been seeking and needing for months now.  It was an incredible experience to be surrounded by other women who struggle with their own trials and tribulations that Heavenly Father gives each of us as He strives to mold us in His ever perfect way that he see's fit for us individually.


the new general RS presidency
5.  We had a delicious home cooked meal Thursday evening by my moms cousin Elaine who lives in Provo.  It was so good to see her and her brother Laren who drove 40 miles to see us.
6.  Thursday evening we enjoyed a concert by several LDS artists as they reminded us of the legacy of the women of RS.  And of course we stayed up way past our bedtime visiting with cousin Elaine, but our lack of sleep was well worth it.
7.  Again we enjoyed our time at Women's Conference on Friday, but had to cut the last session short so that we could enjoy Tony's graduation from College. I mean really, does anyone ever enjoy a graduation?  This one thankfully didn't last longer than 2 hours and since traffic in Provo is worse than in CLT, we didn't have to sit through all of it.  We celebrated by having dinner with some of Tony's friends at Texas Roadhouse.






8.  This morning my dear friends Jaime and Kristen and their darling children came over for dads waffles. It is always fun to get together with them to chat about how we each practice medicine.



9.  We took in a matinee of the play Father of the Bride at the Hale Theater, which was only ok, before heading back to Boise in time to stope in Twin Falls for a wedding reception of our friends who use to live in Nampa. Of course it is always good to see friends and to run into friends from Nampa too.
10.  This week I finally got our reservations for plane tickets, a house, and registered for my CME this which 1 month from now in Hilton Head.  I love this conference and look forward to seeing friends, my cousins from Alabama who will meet us there and some of the doctors that I use to work with.  Yes, a full week indeed.
11.  The beauty of the open green fields with sprinklers going and the mountains in the background are pleasing to the eye as I type while riding in the back seat on our way home from this busy weekend.  I don't know if they compare to the Carolina Trees, but they have their own kind of beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow that was a busy busy week, but sounded like fun :). One morning last week I was singing "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair" while I was cleaning my bathroom and Kainoa started copying my singing. David yells from bedroom- stop teaching her that song!!!! LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete