Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Restaurant Review #1

My cousin Alisha and I really enjoy food.  We enjoy food even more when we are together, even though we are always talking about losing 5 pounds, which I really am working towards, even though I had to have a bite of dad's homemade chocolate health ice cream tonight. When I was in college and Alisha was newly married her husband worked on Friday nights, so I would go to Alisha's and we would cook us up a cheap, delicious meal with our meager incomes.  We would fill our mugs with root beer at our local maverick for 25 cents and settle down with our chick flick that we would pop into our VCR.  Oh those were happy days.  However, now days we have a little more cash than we use to and can enjoy a good conversation while someone else cooks for us.  So after today's lunch I talked it over with Alisha and have decided a restaurant review is at hand given the fact that we are trying new, local restaurants.  We are all about supporting our local businesses here in the Treasure Valley.  Today we went to what is becoming one of my favorite small towns; Eagle.  It is just a few miles from Alisha's, but it feels like forever when I drive from Nampa.  I know you are dying to know where we went, so I better get on with it.  Today's first RR is The Stuffed Olive, a quaint little Italian restaurant tucked into the Albertsons parking lot, with minimal seating and a quiet, kind of plain atmosphere.  Since we are trying to eat healthy, we each chose a salad.  I had the Tuscan Chicken Salad which was a bed of spinach with grilled chicken, sun dried tomato's, fresh roma tomato's, feta cheese, artichoke hearts, greek olives, and red onions that I picked off.  I had a creamy sun dried tomato dressing on the side, which was heavenly.  Talk about DELICIOUS!  Alisha had the Pear and Walnut salad with romaine lettuce, blue cheese crumbles, strawberries and sugared walnuts with a pomegranate vinaigrette, which Alisha raved about.  The service was rather nice for lunch and the sweet treat of an andys mint was the perfect way to end our healthy lunch!  Yes, I'd highly recommend this one for sure!  PS.  The pasta dishes looked out of this world, but a little pricey for lunch.  My salad was just under $10, which was definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment