Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Terrific Tuesday

Today is a Terrific Tuesday since Fabulous Friday didn't happen last week because I worked and then...
1.  Alisha talked me into going to the Cheesecake Factory with her and her 5 year old because her husband and boys went to Father and sons.  She also talked me into spending the night with her because she is kind of scared of being alone.  It was like old times when we would have sleep overs.
2.  Thursday we had our first RS activity that I was in charge of.  We had an unbirthday party.  I think it turned out quite well.  We had several different salads and then we had each sister introduce the sister to their left.  It was a great way to get to know the sisters in my ward.  Come to find out a lot of sisters really don't know each other.  There were 28 people in attendance.  I felt that was a good number for only a 2 week notice.  I also gave a talk on Time from the October 2011 General Conference.  Look it up, it's a great talk.
3.  My favorite flower is the tulip, however the smell and grace of the iris is a close 2nd.  And around here I've seen some really pretty ones lately.  I even stopped and took pictures of the ones in front of the church that I pass often.  Maybe I will post them later.
4.  Instead of having mother's day on mothers day, we celebrated it the day before, which worked out great.  We again had fun passing the puppies around.  It is so fun to watch the kids with them.  Pictures to come too.
5.  The best news of the week...Troy went with mom and I to the storage unit to get my trundle bed for his twins, because they won't stay in their cribs.  Well we also found THE FLIP FLOP BOX!  I saw it in the corner under several boxes, but some how some way we got it and so are my feet!  Pictures to come.
6.  Today Tyler's kids came over for an hour or so.  It was fun to read them stories.  They are very busy little boys but so cute.
7.   I had dinner with Kay and Kaycee last Monday.  Oh it was just like old times.  I sure love my friends.  We sat out on the patio and enjoyed the warm breeze, without humidity or condensation from our glasses.
8.  Only 2 more shifts and I'm off for 9 days.  Can't wait to go to Hilton Head.  It has to be one of my very favorite places to relax and vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Fun RS activity- good idea about introducing their neighbor...may have to use that one this year. And you found the flip flop box!!! That is definitely terrific :).

    ReplyDelete