3. Tuesday I went to my follow up with Dr. Z my chemo Dr. He was thrilled that I didn't have any nausea or vomiting with the first round of chemo. He was going to just have me do the IV chemo next time, but since I did so well with the first round we are going to proceed with the IV and IP. He has informed me the IP is going to make me sick, but I still hope and pray it doesn't make me as sick as he thinks it will. I am feeling pretty well. I do have muscle and joint pain from time to time, especially at night and in the mornings, but considering I had a major surgery and chemo in the past 6 weeks, I think I'm doing rather well.
|This was my first chemo treatment last week.|
4. Mom and I walk nearly every day. I have to get my exercise in. My brain tells me I can run 4 miles, but my body tells me I can only walk 1/4 mile, which is better than nothing. This week we did the hill. I was bound and determined to walk the small hill up from our house and we did it and then some. I feel I can do more and more each day. It is still my goal to get up to where I can do a 5k in September for the Ovarian Cancer walk in Dallas. We shall see. Before all this that would have been a piece of cake. It's amazing how all that changed 6 weeks ago.
5. My friends Kimmi and Kristi that I grew up with were in town this week and came for a long afternoon visit. Oh, how wonderful it was to catch up with them. Kristi lives in Southern California and Kimmi in Phoenix. I only see them once a year. We couldn't believe I didn't see Kimmi when I was living in Phoenix.
6. CompHealth the company I work for headquarters are in SLC. Today I had a nice visit with my recruiter and a few others. They have been so amazing through this process. They are a wonderful company and I am so grateful to be part of them. I can't wait to get back to work, but for now they told me to just get better.
7. We got pedicures today! Funny thing is my feet and legs were so sensitive; must be the chemo. I don't go without having painted toenails, even as a chemo patient. I like a french pedicure!