2. Sunday we went to Grandpa Young's where most of my aunts and uncles and some cousins were to see Great Aunt Carol and her daughter and grand kids who were in town. It has been years since I have seen them. It was good to be around family.
3. Monday I went to lunch with Grandma Betty, mom and our friends Paula and Nancy. We had a lovely time and it was so nice to be with friends.
4. Tenielle came home on Tuesday again for an entire week. It always seems like the time goes too quickly when she is here.
5. Wednesday I went with my sisters, mom, and cousins Alisha and Callie to lunch at Olive Garden and then scalp prosthesis shopping. We were all a little emotional at times but I got some great chemo beanies and a super cute scalp prosthesis (wig...I hate that word).
|My cousin Callie talked me into getting one with highlights. This one is what I got and is the closest to my style.|
|I think I look like a gypsy in these with the bang prosthesis, but why not be a little adventurous for a few months.|
7. Yesterday the kids came over to swim. I finally got in a bathing suit for the first time since surgery. I loved every moment of it, kids splashing, hot sun beating on my skin and the pure relaxation of it all.
|I love this picture of Tiger Lily AKA Aidree!|
11. I love mail, especially since I've been sick. This week I got a package from my friend Beth that I worked with in Phoenix. She remembered that I love lemon! I also got a package from my cousin Paige who lives in Mesa and is a chemotherapy nurse. She sent the sweetest angel pin, which I just love and reminds me of all of the angels around me that are helping me through this trial. I also got 3 homemade beautiful pillow cases with the letter T embroidered on it from Momma Middlebrook. Oh how I love and miss her. Nearly every day I get cards in the mail as well. These acts of love never get old and just give me more and more strength to bear this burden.