2. Because I missed last week, I have to say the 4th of July was a great day that I was able to spend with my family. I can't tell you the last 4th of July that I didn't work and was able to spend it with family. Our neighborhood has a parade, which was started by a neighbor who is from Russia. Apparently each year it gets bigger and more people join it. This year I sat out with Stella in the front yard with our pandora patriotic tunes blaring and enjoyed watching the kids ride with grandpa and Tenielle on the 4-wheelers.
3. I can finally lay on my stomach, only for a few minutes, but at least I can. I'm a stomach sleeper so this back sleeping has really made me have some sleepless and uncomfortable nights.
4. I have gotten back into reading. My friend sent me a book which takes place in NC at the beach and is about 3 best friends. I am loving it. As I read it I think of the sights and smells that I love so much at the beach.
5. Chemo has made me tired, but no nausea like they promised; at least for now. I really didn't feel the effects until the third day which was just that I was so tired and I slept a lot for 2 days. I also feel very achy and sometimes I feel a little stomach upset, but still no nausea or vomiting! This is huge. I just hope this continues!
6. Monday I got 3 large postal boxes in the mail! They were from my co-workers in CLT at the University Hospital. I felt overjoyed, so appreciative and loved by those amazing people. It was like they had a party for me. It was exactly what I needed. I got 3 pair of PJ's, which I really needed, books, movies, lotion, scarves, earrings, a light house, gift certificates and other fun things to get me through this difficult and sometimes boring time. I can't express the gratitude I feel for those wonderful people and their gifts of love.