Friday, August 1, 2014

Fabulous Friday/SLC Vacation

Yes I know I've skipped 2 Fabulous Friday's, but I'm back at least for this Friday!  This is going to be a post of all positives because I just got back from seeing my man!  May 21 Mr. J sent me a text that said, "I hope the summer flies by and then slows down during our time in July and then flies by again until September when you come back home to me."  I'm pretty sure he got his wish at least the slowing down when we were together part.  The day's this past week seemed to have lasted a little longer for sure.

When I got to SLC on July 24 Mr. J was there to meet me, grabbed my face in his hands and kissed me; yep time stood still for a moment!  We spent the evening with Tristen, Tenielle, mom and dad at a park and a 24th of July celebration where they ended with fireworks.  It was awesome!  Danielle and Tyler were at the house when we got home and Troy and Becky arrived the next morning. Bridget had fun throwing sand, I thought it was funny, her mother didn't.
Friday morning we had breakfast and then went to Lagoon.  Mr. J's sister, husband and 8 of her 9 kids met us there.  It was so good to meet them.  We all had such a wonderful time together.  Lagoon is so much more fun with kids.
I was surprised how much Miss. Stella Jane enjoyed the rides.  She wasn't scared at all.  I enjoyed the kiddie rides more than the adult rides.

Saturday morning some of us enjoyed the most fantastic production of Mary Poppins at the Hale Theater.  I love that show!  It was definitely Broadway worthy.  All of us girl's and Tanner got our pedicure fix.  Oh how I love paraffin wax with my pedicures!  Mr. J picked me up from my pedicure and we headed to Springville to his sisters, where another couple also joined up with us and we then headed to Heber for dinner and the demolition derby.  It was awesome!
 Utah County Mullets...
The mountains and the sunset were so pretty.
Sunday we had Tyler's pancakes for breakfast, had a thought by dad, and tentatively planned next years summer family reunion/vacation in Northern Idaho.  Sadly the boys had to get back to work and left us early that day.  The rest of us went to church and had dinner before mom and dad left us too.  That evening we spent some time at Temple Square where we ran into our friend Angela.  I'm pretty sure it has been at least 10 years since I have seen her.  It was a pretty great surprise.
 I thought it was cute how Mr. J was telling the kids about this statue.
Monday we went back down to Mr. J's sisters where we took the kids to the park, had a picnic and viewed the Payson temple which is under construction.  It is going to be beautiful.  We then met the kids for sushi.  For FHE we toured the conference center and then the governors office.
Tuesday it was raining, but we enjoyed the day nonetheless by walking around city creek, having lunch at the Lion House and spending time at the church museum.  We had the best sugar cookies and snowcones at Sprigs!  That evening, Mr. J and I payed a visit to me dear friends the McConkies.  It was fun to introduce Mr. J to my friends. We had such an enjoyable time with them.
Wednesday morning we moved a little slower know Mr. J had to leave that day, but Mr. J eventually got loaded up, we had lunch at Red Butte and then it was time to say goodbye for 5 weeks.  I admit I shed a tear or two, but little girl A didn't make it easy when she was bawling and hanging onto me saying she wanted to stay.  Talk about feeling guilty.  Tristen and I ran some errands and then went back to Sprigs!
 Yesterday morning Tristen and I went to the Bountiful temple, made chocolate chip cookies and took the girls to the pool.  I packed up my bags and then Tenielle and I went to Park City to see our friends Pamela and Celeste.  I haven't seen Pamela since visiting her in Dallas nearly 4 years ago.  It was fun to visit with them.  I took the red eye last night, slept the entire way to JFK (thanks to a little ambian) and arrived back to MVY this morning.
I can't say that it's good to be home.  But maybe because I'm not home.  I guess I'll go with it is good to be back to making some money, enjoying the beach and my cute library!

I've talked to Mr. J twice already today and will talk to him again before I go to bed.  I'm so in love with this sweet man.  It was wonderful to spend consecutive days with him and the kids.  The great thing is that neither one of us needs a break from each other, in fact we can't get enough of each other!  Mom, Dad and Tenielle are coming the end of the month and Mr. J comes September 4th!  August I'm sure will fly by or at least I hope so!

Happy 2nd Birthday to my sweet, spunky niece Stella Jane!  Sure love this girl!


  1. All I can say is WOW looks and sounds like a wonderful time with family and the Mr J and little A's!! Terah you look so beautiful in all the pictures!!!! I'm so happy you had such a great time!!! Thanks for FINALLY posting I was dying to know how it went and have been checking often!!! Five weeks that's awesome!! When will you be coming back here,? I keep forgetting!!

  2. Thanks! I was too busy to blog and I didn't bring my computer. Back to Phoenix sometime around September 26.