Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Today...

My day started at 4:30 when my alarm went off way too early.  I flew standby (because Lee, Grandma Betty's Son is a flight attendant and had passes for 70 dollars) to Seattle which I was happy to get on a flight, even happier that I was able to sleep on the flight, because I typically can only sleep in my bed.

Of course one can't go to Seattle without having clam chowder, so at 8 A.M. I ate the most delicious clam chowder from Anthony's.  I've always been an Ivars fan, but Marlene told me Anthony's was better and it was!  I had a 3 hour layover in Seattle and out of pure luck got on the flight out that I was hoping to get on.

Phoenix is like Summer today!  I love it and am excited for my sister's, niece's and parents to visit this week to enjoy Summer!  (Mom and Dad are currently driving the moving truck through SLC and should arrive tomorrow).

From the airport I picked up the key to my new apartment!  I feel like a college freshman moving into an apartment (I swore years ago I'd never live in an apartment again), but am so excited to have a place to call my own again.  Funny that they made a mistake and gave me a handicap assessable apartment, but I love it because I can reach the cupboards!  They actually told me I could wait until Monday for another one, but I'm good with not having to use a step stool!

I am now enjoying my awesome library across the street from my apartment and shortly will go to book club with my new ward!  I'm excited for this new adventure and chapter in my life to begin!

1 comment: