Thursday, February 26, 2015

Colleens Dream

This past weekend was the Gala and Golf Tournament for Colleen's Dream which raises money to find a test for early detection of Ovarian Cancer.  I can't tell you what a treat this has been for me over the past 2 months to be acquainted with such amazing people who are working on something that is so near and dear to my little heart because of having been diagnosed with this silent killer.  There are so many things that this small group of people are working on and I'm excited to be involved.
One thing that was announced at the Gala is that they are going to put gift bags together for women who are newly diagnosed with OVC.  There are many things that I was given and things that I found that helped me through the process of my hospital stay, chemo and survivorship.  I hope that I can be an asset in helping this amazing organization. 

Friday mom, dad and I helped set things up for the golf tournament, checked all the hot golfer's in (they were mostly men) and talked with a family that Colleen's Dream honored at the Gala.  They honored this family because they raised over 60,000 for research and their mom/sister/wife/friend passed away in September from OVC.  This was such a sweet family and one that I hope we stay in contact with for years to come.  We agreed that we will definitely meet up every 3rd weekend in February for this wonderful event.

Friday night we found a restaurant in my area that serves great happy hour appetizers called Zjeja's.  So yes, if you come visit, I'll will be taking you there.

Saturday morning we filled gift bags for the gala and set up the silent auction baskets.  That evening I dressed my little self up and hit the teal carpet!  I loved visiting with Miss. AZ, NFL players and their wives, and many other kind people, all who took time out of their busy lives to give money and time to OVC.



 This is one of the most awesome NFL players I met!

At the beginning of the program, I was humbled to hear my name read among other survivor's. 

After dinner I was picked up by a pretty cute guy who took me to the dance floor, introduced me to several people and I ended the evening eating the most delicious cake balls I've ever tasted.  Will definitely have to find out where they came from.  One of the NFL players wives and I agreed that they melted in our mouths. 

I'm excited to see what will come from this evening and to further involve myself with Colleen's Dream as the hope to find that test which will detect OVC in its early stages.

 Colleens Mom and Sister

1 comment:

  1. How does it feel to be walking down a teal carpet as a cancer survivor? All I can say is its WOW to the whole wonderful event!! So many kind and giving people!! Terah I am so proud of you and you look beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete