Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Halloween 2016

We had our family Halloween party last Friday night.  I was pretty much laying around the house all week last week, but Friday afternoon I had a spark of livelihood and because I can only dress up once a year like a scarecrow, it had to be done.  I had been wearing this flannel shirt all day, so with a little make-up, this awesome Tom Sawyer hat that I think we got in Hannibal, MO (the Tom Sawyer town) many year ago and some overalls (that I think are back in style) I had a costume!  It took a little convincing to get Tenielle to join in the costume dress up.  I think I did a pretty good job at getting her to be a bag of leaves!  My mom painted this cute pumpkin when I was a kid.  I love it and love that she still puts it up every year.
The weather was suppose to be cold and rainy.  Thankfully the weather man was wrong, because it turned out to be a perfect night for soup, a bon fire and trunk or treating.
Halloween evening the kids all came over for donut holes, apple juice and left over soup.  I loved that it was still light out side and not freezing.  I went trick or treating with Troy's kids.  It was super fun!

1 comment:

  1. you and Tenielle looked so dang cute!! You have such fun bonding traditions as a family!!

    ReplyDelete