Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Teal Diva Spotlight

Check This Out. 
I'm so grateful to be aquanted with such a great organization and to be able to share my story of survival.  Teal Diva foundation (out of Charlotte) was started by Shannon after she was diagnosed with OVC.  Many of us were diagnosed before the age of 40.  I met Shannon when I visited Charlotte the year I was diagnosed.  We have become great friends. 

Shannon has been spot lighting women who have been diagnosed with OVC less than age 40.  In the US, approximately 7 percent (about 1,500) women a year are diagnosed with OVC before the age of 40.  It's crazy for me to think that I'm in this small percentage of women.  Shannon asked me if I would write about what I have learned from cancer and particularly what I've learned as a medical provider with cancer.

1 comment: