Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Radiation Update

The last 2 weeks of radiation have been a breeze, compared to the last round.  They have done everything they could to pass by the bowel and have done a fabulous job.  The numbness has improved and so has some of the back pain.  I'm not in constant pain any longer, but I'm not completely out of pain either.  I'm happy to not be taking pain medications but once a day if that.  I still have 2 more treatments.  Dr. Q tells me that the radiation continues to work over the next month.

I've continued to have nausea daily, mostly around the times when I take my pills.  I don't eat much and I still can hardly drink water.  I've also been tired, but mostly just sleeping in late which is a total waste of my day, rather than taking naps.  I'm really hoping and praying that this PARP inhibitor is working.  Last Monday the first PARP inhibitor was approved by the FDA for BRCA negative ovarian cancers.  This is very promising and very good news.  Apparently one of the main doctors working on that project works with Dr. D.  I really hope these treatments are working.  After 2 years of treatment I'm getting tired of this routine and would really like to have my normal life back.  Of course I've been wanting this for the past 4 years, but you know what they say, want in one hand and spit in the other and see which one gets full the fastest.


No comments:

Post a Comment