Monday, January 19, 2009

Cooking Club

Tonight after working 10 hours, I hosted our work's cooking club. Basically it is just a group of people from work who get together the third Monday of each month. This month's theme was Mexican. It was very fun. I made my friend Pamela's Taco Salad with Creamy French dressing. It was a hit. There were some wonderful dishes, including homemade chips, Mexican chicken soup, Mexican rice that was absolutely delicious, and of course homemade salsa. One of the nurses told the story that she sent her daughter to the store to get 3 large tomatoes for her salsa. Her daughter came back with 3 large red peppers. She sent her daughter to the super market three times to get ingredients for salsa. She also informed us that fresh coriander is also called cilantro. Did you know that; I didn't.

We had such a nice, relaxing evening of eating and chatting. It is always fun to get together outside of work and of course it is even better to be able to with other people!

1 comment:

  1. So this is my very first comment on your blog and I promise to be more with it in the future. I love cooking clubs and new recipes. You should post some of your favorites from the night on your blog. I also noticed today that you used our picture from lunch at The Beanery. How was the blind date?

    ReplyDelete