Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Trip To Seattle Day 1








Yes, I am traveling again. This time my travels have taken me clear across the country to Seattle, WA; the rainy city or the snowy city as it has snowed 3 days since I have been here. In fact I woke up to a lovely dusting of snow this morning, which quickly melted and turned to a rainy drizzle.

So my purpose for coming to Seattle was to attend the WA State PA Winter Conferance and Recertification Course, as I will soon retake my boards. I came to this conferance 3 years ago and felt I could have retaken my boards again after attending the first time. This time, I have learned that I know a lot more than I thought I knew. It has been a good refresher course.

I came to Seattle a few days early before the conferance started so that I could spend some time with friends and family. Tenielle and my parents met me here last Thursday. We found a mall shortly after we arrived. My dad, bless his heart, was very patient with us as we strolled through the very large Bellevue Square. That night we met our friends Tim, Marlene, and Lee for dinner at the fabulous Blu Water Grill. The view was absolutely beautiful, the food was amazingly delicious, and the company was fabulous. We spent the evening at Tim and Marlene's and felt right at home. Marlene's house even smelled like Grandma Betty's (Marlene is Grandma Betty's daughter). The next morning we had a delcious breakfast and said our goodbye's, before heading off to Leavenworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment