Monday, August 16, 2010

Healthy, Strong, and Happy

This morning I am grateful that I am healthy, strong, and happy. This past week I worked with a co-worker who has had some health problems over the past few weeks and yesterday it was confirmed that he has a brain tumor, which he will have surgery for this morning. Those of us in medicine sometimes have difficulty when it comes to us being the ones who are ill. We think that we can fix most everything, which we can, but sometimes we are humbled in knowing only the Lord can perform the needed miracle. This co-worked pulled me aside late last week and let me in on what was going on. He asked me to pray for him. I don't know this guy very well and really have only worked with him a handful of times as we often don't work at the same facility. I found this rather humbling knowing that he really doesn't know me, but he knows that I have a religious back ground and faith in God. Yesterday in RS someone commented something regarding sharing our testimonies with those around us. I raised my hand and related this story as well as the following. Saturday night I had this lady who was 14 weeks pregnant. I actually had seen her a week previous. She was in for extreme vomiting in pregnancy. She had recently moved here from the west, had no insurance, and was having difficulty getting any because she had recently had an income and was new to Charlotte. I had done what I could for her and with compassion and empathy as I have seen my own mother experience 9 months of this same thing, told her I didn't know what else I could do for her, but that I would keep her in my prayers. She was grateful for this. I am grateful for opportunities like this to share my faith in God and testimony of the gospel with those around me. Every day I return home from work with gratitude to my Heavenly Father that I'm healthy, that I have a means to pay for my needs, and for the happiness that I experience because I am obedient to His commandments. I learned many years ago that obedience brings forth great blessings.
I have just worked 5 days in a row, 4 of them nights (yes that is why there are no blog updates). I actually was to have today off, but since my co-worker was scheduled today, I will be covering half of his shift. I then work 4 day shifts, I have peaches to can or freeze sometime toward the end of the week, I'm doing laundry as I type, just about to mop the kitchen floor, have a million and one things to do this week and then it is vacation time. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, it is rather dim but getting brighter day by day!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! And good luck getting everything done this week! I know you're ready to go home and hold those new babies! =)

    ReplyDelete