Sunday, August 1, 2010

Youth Conference






This past weekend I enjoyed almost every moment of our Stake Youth Conference. I was so impressed at the youth in our stake. I never heard a murmur from any of them even when they had gigantic blisters on their feet. They kept trudging along even though the first day it was 100 degrees. We have some pretty fantastic kids who were a joy to be around. It is nice to know all kids these days aren't bad or disrespectful, as that is what my perception is from what I see at work. I think the only part I didn't really enjoy was sleeping in the kitchen and listening to the ice maker run all night long. I could even hear it with ear plugs in. You know the best part was there were no bugs, no kidding. That was the part I was dreading the most. And I didn't even need to use insect spray.
I mostly took care of blistered feet, a grease burn from one of the cooks, only one puking adult, and several cases of chaffing; thank you for vagisil cream and gold bond powder. Just ask the men the vagisil worked the best and they didn't even care that it was made for a women. It's a good thing I don't have a foot fetish. I actually however felt kind of humbled as I drove home yesterday thinking of the Savior and how he washed the feet of his disciples. What a privileged it was to serve those youth and adults who experienced a glimpse of what the pioneers did. I did develop some wonderful, new friendships and got to know a lot of the adults in our stake. I'm grateful for such a wonderful experience, one in which strengthened my testimony as I listened to the powerful ones given by the youth. How grateful I am for the faith of the saints, some of who gave their lives for the gospel.

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute! Love that totally medical apron, too! I hope I get the opportunity to go on one of these treks at some point!

    ReplyDelete