Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Airport Travel

This morning after working a very quick night shift, my friends picked me up from the ER to take me to the airport. You know your true friends when they don't mind waking at 430 am on their day off to take you to the airport. The traffic was quite heavy, but I made it there in plenty of time. In fact I left work at 5 and had gotten through security and to my gate by 530. It was smooth as silk. Don't know what all the hype has been about security at the airport, but I had no problems at all, except for the fact that I am totally tired and realized as I was walking to my gate that I left my suitcase at security. I had to chuckle at myself. What was even more funny was the fact that I had just gotten onto the moving walkway when I realized this and walked backwards against the crowd of people rushing to their gates. I am laughing as I type this because I was imagining if my sisters would have been there they would have totally been laughing with me. I have found in life the need to laugh more especially at myself. I love to people watch. It can be so funny and even funnier when you are lacking sleep. I wish I would have taken my camera out and taken some pictures of these people. You can totally tell the people who never travel because they have the suit cases without the wheels and are sweating from heaving the old school suitcase. Or what about the people who go up to the airline attendant asking a million questions. Or what was totally funny today was the guy who was all smiles when he saw the gate that read Atlanta rushing up to the flight attendant saying, "yes, I barely made it." Because of course there were 5 flights an hour apart to Atlanta. But the flight attendant looks at his ticket and says, "Nope you didn't, your flight was the one I just shut the door on, down there." You should have seen the look on this guys face, it was priceless. But the flight attendant changed it when he told him he would be able to get him on our flight. What about the people who line up 30 minutes before they need to because they are afraid they aren't going to get a seat, but they already have an assigned seat. Or when they say people can board if they need extra time or have small children and they look totally healthy or they have a 10 year old. What is up with that? Well,I must say the highlight of people watching in airports are the ones who think they are going to miss their flight and they run through the airport like they are in a race for gold. It is so funny, especially when there are hordes of people like in the Atlanta airport. The best thing however about airports and people watching is seeing what people are wearing. I remember one time when there was this guy wearing pointy, white cowboy boots with some kind of gems. To this day I wish I would have taken a picture. It was definitely one for the books. Today I've noticed more than I'd like women wearing black stretch pants. Hello, did I not get the memo that the styles I once wore in middle school are back 20 years later. They never looked then and they really don't look good now. I wonder if they have the scoop around the foot like they use to...I have unfortunately come to the realization in the five hours that I have been people watching today that skinny jeans tucked in moon boots don't look good on any one, even if you are skinny, the worst part is that most people wearing them aren't skinny' their fat is just exposed more. So why don't you do both of us a favor and save your cash for something more stylish like a pair of DKNY jeans, which have become one of my favorite jeans of all time, because they make your legs look longer or at least I like to think they do; I'll wear anything that will give me some height. Even if you find a pair of skinny jeans for a bargain on black Friday don't give into the pressure, just remember they don't make you look skinny, if that is what you are looking for. I did have a patient the other day who was at least 300 pounds wearing a pair who was complaining of knee pain. I told my nurse to get those skinny jeans off that fat chick so I can look at her fat knee. It was pretty funny. I wonder what it all takes to get those Jeans on...ps I have typed this entire blog post as I have been flying across the country. Do you know how cool this is? Purchase an iPad and you will realize the coolness of it too. Do it, just go out and splurge on yourself, you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment