Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chicken Fajitas


I think I'm going to have to start posting my favorite recipes that I use because I keep forgetting where I find them and then when I want to use them again I have to spend and hour looking at websites so I can find them again. I really loved these. They were super easy and a nice twist on chicken fajitas. The only thing is I put my chicken breasts in frozen and probably should put the peppers and onions in when the chicken has cooked a little.

Chicken Fajitas (less fat, less salt, less carbs)
This recipe serves 2 generously, double if you are serving more.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into diagonal strips
3/4 onion, thinly sliced (I used the rest of the onion from my last recipe)
1 bell pepper, cored, seeded, julienned (I used yellow because that's what I had on hand)
1 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsps chili powder
juice from 2 limes
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
20 cilantro leaves

Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Put chicken in first. Then add peppers and onions. Mix the rest of the ingredients in separate bowl then pour over the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on low for about 5 hours. Serve on low carb wheat tortillas. You can top your fajitas with anything like guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes. In my picture I served them with avocado slices, fat free sour cream, fresh cilantro and a lime wedge.


No comments:

Post a Comment