Sunday, April 3, 2011

Super, Sweet, Spring Break

Some how, some way I seemed to have finagled a 12 day vacation. I left after working a day shift last Thursday, but only made it to Atalanta before having to stay over night. We left late and when we got there, there was another plane parked in our spot, so we sat on the run way a little too long. I have flown through Atlanta several times and have never had to stay over night. There were some very irate people. Obviously they don't fly much. Delta was very kind to put me up in a lovely hotel and they even gave me a lovely little bag with toiletries and a night shirt. I never check bags on but this time I did and didn't have anything with me. I also had dinner with a lovely couple who also missed their flight. I was however slightly disappointed that BYU lost in the sweet sixteen that night. Not that I really follow them much, but it has been a great missionary tool at work lately. Friday morning I flew to SLC. When we came down from the clouds I was absolutely shocked to be landing in a blizzard in late March, SERIOUSLY. Tenielle picked me up and I went back to her house while she finished working, we then met up with Tony for dinner. Jonie from one of our very first singles wards in SLC was our waitress. It was so good to see her. It has literally been years since I last saw her. We then went back to Tenielle's and watched a movie.
I almost decided to skip over Saturdays activities, but if I did that then I would be skipping over one of the best parts of my trip. You all know that I don't blog about what I'm just about to blog about because as my aunt told me when I was home, "you never tell people about your dating life for at least 3 or 4 months after you have been dating someone." I'm not going to give you many details except that I met someone pretty incredible, handsome, respectful, successful, funny, and adventurous. I don't really know how to write about this without details, given the fact that I'm a pretty detailed individual especially when it comes to writing. Bottom line, he summed it up this way, we had 7 dates in 1 because my sister came on our first date. I know pretty funny, but it was totally the way to go. Actually we weren't suppose to go out until Saturday evening, but we ended up meeting for a quick lunch. I loved his text beforehand "Oh good didn't want to trade an evening of fun for a hasty lunch:)" and afterwards, "That was a fun lunch.  Can't wait to see what happens at dinner."  After lunch Tenielle and I did a little shopping and then she introduced me to the Orange Leaf. Shame on her but bless her for it. So Saturday night just Him and I went out to dinner and then we watched Secretariat. I love...that we can talk like we have known each other more than a week, that he makes me feel like I'm the most important person in the room, how a simple touch can allow me to see the respect that he has for women, he is oh so handsome and lovely to look at, that he makes me laugh and has already tried to convince me to move to Montana and you know I would in a heartbeat too, well it might take a little convincing but if it's for the right reason I would leave the warmth of the south and my career for an eternity of trying to stay warm with hot tubing and snuggling with a redheaded, blue eyed handsome man! I know you are all dying for details, but we will just have to go to lunch for those. Sunday before he left to go back to Montana he stopped by. Oh my oh my. Bet you didn't know I had a thing for red headed, blue eyed men did you?  That night Tenielle and I had dinner with our Disneyland friends Tyler and Bryant. We also had dinner with their new friend Paul and my friend Kamren joined us for dessert. Dinner was awesome. And our game of UNO attack was super fun, but of course our conversations were lovely with lots of laughter.  
Monday morning I flew home to Boise. We met up with the kids for lunch. I sure love our babies. Then we visited my moms brother Robert, before heading home. The kids came over after work for dessert and FHE.

Tuesday was my day to get done things that people typically don't do on vacation. First stop was the dentist. This really isn't my most favorite place to visit, however Tristen does a fabulous job cleaning my teeth. We then went to lunch at my favorite college hangout The Brick Oven Bistro or otherwise known as the Beanery. My cousin Alisha came with us, which was fun. I then went to my cousins to have my hair done. It's getting to be that time of year in Charlotte when all one wants to do is either cut their hair short or always wear it up. I have been really sick of my hair lately so I decided it was time for a bit of a change and had her give me some layers and style. It feels much lighter, not that I wont be wearing it up often, but at least it is a bit of a style change. Before the kids came over again I spent some time across the street chatting with Grandma Betty. I am so lucky to have grown up across the street from grandparents that I love and appreciate even more as I have become an adult. Getting 5 boys to take a great pictures just doesn't happen these days. But you know we try. It is rather comical!

Wednesday I spent some time playing the piano and the Tristen and Aidree came over before we went to lunch with Grandma Betty, and our friends Paula and Nancy to celebrate moms birthday. It is always a treat to be able to chat with such incredible women.

The kids came over that night for dinner. Danielle brought an amazing dessert that we all loved.

My cousin Alishas boys and husband went to Oregon for the week, so we had a slumber party at her house just like old times.
Thursday morning we had oatmeal at this great old church turned restaurant.

I love the smell of coffee and the atmosphere of friends catching up. We then did a little shopping at our favorite consignment store, where i purchased 2 new sweaters for a total of $10. She bought a coat and a dress. I always love when someone spends more than me. Mom told me that she ran into Sister Ferguson in the temple a few weeks ago and that they were leaving for a mission, I just saw her when I was home for Christmas and she wasn't convinced about going on a mission. Apparently she got convinced. They will be serving for 1 year in the San Jose CA mission at the Institute. That will be wonderful. Since Alisha lives by them we surprised her with a visit, it was so good to see her, I love that lady. Mom and dad then picked me up and we headed to SLC.
Friday morning mom and I went to the Jordan River Temple. They have sessions every 20 minutes and the temple is huge. We then went and had our pedicures at US Nails.

They do an awesome job. We got a good laugh because Tanner told the girl yes when she asked a question that he didn't understand and ended up getting buffed, which cost him an additional $5. That night my friends from PA school came for dinner. Oh what fabulous friends they are. We had fun catching up since it had been over 2 years since we had seen each other. That will not happen again, two years is too long. Chocolate chip/M&M cookies taste even better when mixed with their company, given the fact that it was a real treat for us when Tenielle would bring them to class when we were in school.
Saturday morning Tenielle, mom, and I went to conference. We had great seats. It was an amazing experience to be in the conference center. 

The talks that morning were wonderful. I so enjoyed singing with over 20,000 others "I Know That My Redeemer Lives." It was so powerful and the spirit was so strong. The weather was perfect that day too. Between sessions we stopped by my moms cousins where several other cousins had come from various places. I am so blessed to come from a wonderful, loving family where I've learned to laugh. The boys went to the conference center for the Priesthood
while Tenielle, mom and I went shopping uptown. That night we went for the third time in a week to the Orange Leaf.

Good thing it's fat free! It's so dang good though.
This morning we enjoyed another fabulous session and then this afternoon we all went to the Conference Center.  We had two extra tickets and my friend Steve just happened to be in town so we met him and let him have the awesome opportunity to be at conference.  It is funny that I see him more in SLC than in Charlotte. 

I really enjoyed this last session so much. We of course had to wake up to snow this morning again. Two weeks in a row isn't funny to me. Glad I live in Charlotte where I will go back to spring or maybe summer! I love Sunday dinner with my family. It is one of those things that I miss so bad living away. I however get to enjoy this with families from my ward, but it can never replace dinner with my own family. There is something about the way my dad makes ham and Tenielle's funeral potato's. Mine never taste as good. Of course we played several hands of Five Crowns, over the past weekend. I of course never win, but I still love the game.

All in all I have had a wonderful Spring Break. Just what I needed! It never helps to have a handsome man thrown in the mix of the excitement either...

1 comment:

  1. Whew! Quite the adventure! I know I got most of the details over breakfast last week, but I have a few follow-up questions now. =)