Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Missing Group Power

If there is one daily routine that I miss the most about CLT it would be my group power and spinning class at the gym.  They don't have a class similar to group power at my gym here in Idaho and even though I have been to a trainer, I don't feel I have come even close to getting the same work out that I did from group power.  Therefore I'm a bit on the flabby side, from all that muscle that I accumulated over the past 7 years, which has gone to you know what.  So last night I went to the gym after working my 12 hour shift with full intentions of doing a cardio workout.  I scratched that idea and headed to the empty group fitness room and did my own version of group power.  I have been doing this class for nearly 7 years since moving to CLT, so I pretty much know the routine.  Over the years I have added my favorite tunes to my workout favorites from this class, so I turned them on and did the same routine as if I'd been in the class with my favorite instructor Angie.  It worked too.  My hamstrings are on fire this morning.  But it feels oh so good!  As for the cycle class, I had full intentions of trying it out this morning, but didn't make it.  Maybe I will try for the 5pm class. But they call it cycle here and they did spinning in CLT.  They did have a cycle class in CLT, but I didn't love it as much as I did the spinning class.  I have enjoyed my workouts here because sometimes instead of going to the gym, where I sweat more, I go on a run with my cousin Alisha or my sister Tristen at night after the kids are down.  They are always more enjoyable than being on the treadmill or eliptical alone and after working 12 hours I always need some fresh air.  Since doing my spinning class and group power, I kind of gave up regular running, some impart to my left bum knee, that probably has a tear somewhere.  But I'm trying to get back into the running mode more.  Of course I can't run the entire time probably due to my old 35 year old lungs, but I'm working up to it.  Funny thing is spinning is more of a cardio work out for me far more than running, and my lungs do just fine then.  Give me a few more years or months and I'll be able to run farther than I can now.  I'm hoping to get a 10k in, in the next few months.  If I have May 19 off, which I probably won't have off, I am going to do the Great Potato 10K.  My goal for the next 3 weeks until I go to CLT is to do some kind of work out every day.  I usually work out 3-4 times a week, but I need to add 3 more workouts.  I need to get these calves in shape to show them off in my shorts and capri's, because goodness they are already wearing swimsuits out there.  I wonder if the Middlebrook pool is opened already since it is already 80 degree's there.

1 comment:

  1. Now we're all going to be checking out your calves when you arrive. =)

    ReplyDelete