Friday, June 22, 2012

First Week Of Summer...Fabulous Friday

Summer is here in full swing and I'm in Love; with summer that is!  
1.  This week we celebrated Fathers Day and June Birthday's the Saturday before Fathers Day.  I think this might be our new tradition.  Even better we reserved the event room at the pizza parlor, which meant we didn't have to cook or clean up the aftermath destruction by the family.
Drinking Ranch Dressing, Yummy!

 
2.  Mom and I were in charge of the Father's Day treats for our ward.  I think they were quite the hit












3.  Tristen's Birthday was Wednesday so we enjoyed a lunch out at her favorite place Gino's.  It was pretty good and something different!
 
4.  Mom and I had our first snow cone of the season.  It's good to be back in Idaho for the summer where we have snow cone shacks on every corner, a dry 97 degrees the first week of summer feels not so hot compared to a wet 97 in Carolina, and the fields are beautiful with plentiful crops and sprinklers a twitching.
5.  Memories of the many days and years we practiced preparing for the National Fiddle contest came bounding in as mom, Alisha, two of her kids, and I ventured to the small town of Weiser yesterday to listen to some pretty amazing fiddlers competing to be the Grand Champion.  We enjoyed a fantastic lunch at a local cafe where we listened to one talented man and also had us a treat of ice cream in home-made waffle cones!
On our way, we found Owens RD, so of course we had to take a picture!

6. I've been reading To Kill A Mockingbird and really enjoying it.  I sure love my summer reading every chance I get, but I love it most sitting in the swing on the back porch.  

2 comments:

  1. I've been a little AWOL on checking blogs lately - summer is in full swing - so it's been fun catching up this afternoon! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, really I noticed. My one of 2 followers ditched me for a while. Glad you are back! I think of calling you often, but then remember you're probably busy with your kids.

    ReplyDelete