Saturday, June 30, 2012

Oh Summer Saturday's How I love You!

Today was one of those days that you wish would last for weeks.  It started out with sleeping in just a little.  I love sleeping past 7am, even though I wake at least once a night usually at 4 or 5am, ugh.  I met Grandma Betty for a lovely brunch of Oatmeal with Gelato and berries; this is amazingly delicious.  We chatted for 3 hours, about every thing from travel, to work, to investing and much more.  As I was driving away, my eyes watered a little as I felt such gratitude that I was able to spend 3 hours with such an amazing women who loves me so much.  Someday she will be gone and I will wish I could do it all over again, hopefully not for at least 15 years, then she will be over 100 and it will be okay.  
I promise there's oatmeal beneath.
I braved the wal-mart on a Saturday for a few supplies, that is one scary place, especially on a Saturday.  I then came home and made a couscous salad and a BLT avocado pasta salad for our cookout.  Tristen, Mitch, Troy, Becky, Alisha and all their kids came over for the afternoon and well into the evening.  Because it was 97 degree's today, we had such fun playing in the pool, visiting and enjoying yummy summer food.  Now that it is nearly 9pm, I'm going to finish my book, until my cousin Jennifer and her family come for the night as they are passing through and then we shall chat a little.  Hooray for Summer!  Bring on July!
Even mom enjoyed the rays!
Aidree is only 2 and so not afraid of jumping in with the rest of them.
Bridget Loves to sunbathe with Auntie T!
Someone spilled the Spree's!

No comments:

Post a Comment