Friday, June 1, 2012

Fabulous Friday Beach Style

This has been an incredible week at the beach.  We flew in late Friday night.  I immediately went to see my night crew in the ER.  Boy do I miss those wonderful people, but am still grateful for my job that I enjoy.  My cousin Abe and his daughter Olivia drove from Cleveland and met us in Charlotte.  Saturday morning we all drove down to Hilton Head where we met up with Alabama cousins and aunt Thalia and uncle Robert.  It is always so fun to be together as a family.  Of course we went out to the beach where we had pretty great waves because of the impending tropical storm.  Sunday morning I woke up early while everyone else slept in, to go to my conference.  I really enjoy this conference because I get to see some of the physicians that I previously worked with.  I always come away from conferences with new ideas and knowledge, but also realizing that I know more than I think I know.  Sunday the wind was crazy, but we still enjoyed a nice chat on the beach.  I went to my conference on Monday morning and when it was over we all went to Savannah because of the threatening rain.  Gratefully it waited until that evening when we got back to our house.  It was a wonderful day to go to Savannah because the crowds were sparse, the cloud cover was cool, and the breeze was fabulous.  We at lunch at the Pirates House, which is always fun.  Tuesday the storm rolled in and the clouds were thick, so after my conference I enjoyed my day sitting reading a book.  Wednesday the sun finally came out, so after my conference we all enjoyed the day at the beach.  Thursday because my conference was over on Wednesday I got to sleep in.  I like sleeping past 7:00!  Thursday was also spend at the beach.  We have had fun cooking, baking, eating, laughing, playing games, chatting, and planning our next trip, which will be a girls only trip to the NE the first week in October to see the beautiful fall leaves.  Today we will drive back to Charlotte to have dinner with Nick before flying out early tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment