Friday, June 29, 2012

Last Fabulous Friday For June 2012

I feel like my Fabulous Friday posts are what gets me through any of the negativity from my weeks, because I know come Friday it's all about being positive...
1.  Seriously, it is already the last Friday in June.  I think I've treasured most days this month, especially my days off.  I find myself reading as much as I can.  I feel like I'm back in 4th grade when I read all summer, but is there anything wrong with that?  I don't think so.  I finished To Kill A Mockingbird this week and must say to my friend Kaycee, it really is a great summer read.  Yesterday at work in between patients I started reading the 3rd Walk book and am almost finished, as I must admit I have spent much of my day off on the porch reading.  I hope I don't run out of summer reads as I have already gone through several of the books on my list.
2.  I worked last weekend.  I am not a fan of working weekends.  I should be use to working every other weekend, since I've been doing it for the past 6 years; but I'm not.  Last weekend it was easy for me to find the positive in my weekend work.  I found it in suturing the 7 patients that came in on Sunday.  I haven't sutured that many patients in one day since I was in the ER.  I'm good at it and gives me a sense of accomplishment.  It's the closest I'll ever get to being a reconstructive plastic surgeon.
3.  Funny story Saturday morning an 80 something year old man came in because his very tiny abrasion on his head wouldn't stop bleeding from when he ran into the corner of the kitchen cabinet the day before (he was on coumadin).  I grabbed a silver nitrate stick, applied a little pressure with it and it stopped immediately.  We were both happy campers. He didn't even feel the burn from it.  He was so happy he kissed my cheek. I love when I can help grandpas; makes me think of my own.
4.  Funnier story...yesterday I had a 60 something man come in with his wife, both were totally embarrassed.  Seriously I've seen it all and nothing phases me anymore, even this one.  He was trimming his privates when he accidentally stuck his scrotum with the scissors, nicking a veinule that was gushing blood.  I quickly put in a few sutures and he was good as new!  It was rather funny when I was stitching he asked me to please be careful with the scissors when I was cutting the sutures, all in the room got a chuckle from  that.
5. Dr. S my supervising physician that I have to see face to face once a month because of Idaho law came for a visit last night.  She has to go through and rate 10 of my charts each month.  She gave me a 100 and said she had never done that.  She said that she just couldn't find any complaints with my charts.  That made me feel good and gave me the little boost that I needed to get through the next crazy hour of work.  Dr. S is quickly becoming a great friend of mine.  I just adore her and look forward to our monthly visits.
6.  Tuesday we had our monthly RS Oh what do you do in the summertime?  We had 25 women at our house.  They brought their favorite summer salads and desserts and we shared our favorite summer reads and summer activities.  It was a rather enjoyable evening.
7.  This afternoon 3 sisters from our ward brought their children over to swim at the Bishops house.  We enjoyed a few hours on the porch chatting.  I needed some girl chat and it was fun to get to know them a little better.
8.  Tonight mom, dad and I had a nice simple dinner at a small taco joint in town where I had really yummy and healthy fish tacos.  We also visited Grandpa tonight.  He read us a poem that he received from someone who found it in their suitcase just this week.  Bazar how things like that happen.  The poem was written by his grandmother in 1941.  It was kind of cute about when they were building the Anderson Dam.

No comments:

Post a Comment