Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Litte Broken

Last Friday I went in for my annual physical and came out a few days later with a diagnosis of hypothyroidism.  My nearly perfect health is not so perfect now and I'm feeling a little broken.  I'm not a happy camper at all about this; since I will be taking a pill every day for the rest of my life.  Yes it could be much worse, but at least I have an explanation for my fat face and my always feeling tired.  I thought this weight gain of at least 5 pounds and feeling tired was just due to my lovely lifestyle change; I thought wrong.  This week at my follow up appointment my doctor was rather flabergasted himself when I told him that I was working several 12 hour shifts in a row and then going to the gym after my shifts.  He flat out told me that I'm exhausting myself.  He is right on.  My TSH was nearly 4 times what it should be and my T4 is nearly non-existant.  And I'm getting ready to do 6 of 7 shifts because someone up and quit and it just so happens that I am on call on my fourth day in a row when she was suppose to be working, so I have to fill in for her.  Lets hope that on day 7 that I make it through, because at this point its only 7pm and I could go to bed.  My excitement for my job has worn off a little, given the fact that I'm working much more than I want.  I'm learning the grass isn't always greener on the other side and after 8 years of working full time, I'm ready to be a part timer or even a PRNer....I'm not wishing my life away, because I hope it comes along, I'm just ready for a slower pace thats all.  Lets hope in 8 weeks my levels will improve, I'll have lost those dang 5 pounds and that I will have much more energy than I do today.

1 comment:

  1. :(. Take it easy girl, you deserve it. It's not fun getting unexpected news no matter what it is. Sending some prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete