Friday, July 6, 2012

July 2012 Fabulous Friday

In less than 6 months it's going to be Christmas!  But for now I'll just focus on the fact that it is full blown SUMMER!  Did you know I love summer?  Just reminding you if you forgot!
1.  Monday night Tristen and I took a different walking route over to my Aunt Thalias to see our cousin Abe and his daughter Olivia because they drove in from Ohio that afternoon and to give Aunt Thalia the third Walk book because I finished it that day.  Abe and Olivia will be here for at least the summer if not forever as he just finished his residency and is deciding where to work.  
2.  Saturday we had the best cherry's of the season.  I love Cherry Season and have been eating as many as I can because cherry season only last a few weeks and we didn't really have cherry season in CLT, so I've missed them.
3.  I spent my first 4th of July in many years with my family, however I did have to work until 5, but then I got to spend the evening at Grandpa's having dinner.  
4.  Thursday we went up to our cabin.  I haven't been up there for 2 years, since Tenielle and I almost died when she wrecked us on the 4-wheeler.  Thankfully we survived without any wreckage.  I love the peace and stillness which radiates from the mountains, the smell of pine tree's, gathering on the porch to chat and eat licorice, the sound of horse shoes clanging, the taste of 'smores, how the darkness of night can be lit from the glow of a camp fire and the dirty faces of my nieces and nephews and mine for that matter!
I think Tenielle was tired, but she is a trooper because she stayed up and played cards.
5.  This morning Tony and Tanner along with Tony's Fiance' Emma (as of this past Tuesday) surprised us this morning up at the cabin. It was a fun surprise.  It will be fun to have another sister-in-law.  
6.  We celebrated July birthday's up at the cabin; there are a total of 7 this month.  The twins loved their Micky stuff.  They are so in love with Micky Mouse.  
7.  We went on 2 long 4-wheeler rides and a walk with my sisters ( I thought it was a leisurely walk, but the sneakers suggested something else; me in my flip flops I might add and they were in sneakers).  I enjoyed the beauty that Heavenly Father has given us.  
A storm last month took out a ton of tree's, reminded my of the southern storm damage.
8.  Tonight we had a delicious dinner at Copper Canyon, which is about the fanciest restaurant in Nampa.  The best thing about it was there were no kids.  Not that I don't love kids, but it was nice to enjoy dinner in a quiet atmosphere, especially after the rough night we all had sleeping under one roof!
9.  PS. Funny:  Aidree and I slept in a twin bed together (its a log bed that sits up higher than a normal bed).  All night I tried to prevent her from falling off the bed and was successful until 6am when she rolled off and I didn't catch her.  I guess you had to be there because it was pretty funny, especially when I asked her if I let her fall of the bed and she said through tears, "uhuh."

No comments:

Post a Comment