Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fresh Peach Pie

My dear friend Cassie has requested my favorite fresh peach pie recipe, so since I'm going to write it out, I figured I would just share it with the rest of you.  I'm kind of jealous that it is already peach season in the south, but I will continue to enjoy raspberry and cherry season here in the west, until of course peach season comes around.  I spilt a thing of raspberries at Costco in the parking lot today as I was loading them into the car.  I didn't have to say anything because the guy walking by said, "oh S_ _ t"  It was pretty funny.  I just picked them up and washed them off when I got home.  Raspberries are $2.99 for 12 oz.  That's the cheapest I've seen them in forever.  Mom even made raspberry jam a few weeks ago.  And we got 24 pounds of cherries for $18 from the bountiful basket that we split with Tristen this week.  Ok, enough about cherries and raspberries here's the peach pie recipe:

2C boiling water
1C cold water
2 1/2 C sugar (I usually don't put this much in, its too sweet for me)
1/4 c lemon juice
1 (3oz) package of peach jello (It calls for Orange which is good too)
1/8 tsp. salt
3/4 C cornstarch

3/4 C powdered sugar (I usually don't put quite this much in either)
8 oz. cream cheese
Cool Whip

Bring 2 cups water to boil.  Make paste of 1 cup cold water, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.  Add to boiling water.  Stir well and cook over medium heat until thick, approximately three minutes.  Add dry jello.  Stir and cook one minute.  Remove from heat and add lemon juice.  Chill

Filling:  Blend 3/4 cup powdered sugar with 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese.  Spread in bottom and sides of cool baked shells.  Peel and slice several peach's recipe calls for 10-12, but I like a lot more peaches so I'd say 20.  Mix with chilled mixture and pour into crusts.  Refrigerate.  Use Cool Whip garnish when serving.  Makes 2-4 pies depending on size of crusts and number of peaches.  I also use the leftovers for shakes.

Hope you all enjoy and think of me when you make your peach pies.  This is by far one of my most favorite desserts!

2 comments:

  1. Cassie shared one of these pies with me on Sunday- yummo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so yummy, can't wait for peach season to roll around here, but that will mean it is almost fall and I'm not ready for that as I'm still enjoying summer!

    ReplyDelete