Monday, July 23, 2012

In Need Of A Mini Vacation

I am so use to going on vacations; long and mini vacations.  However since living back home I haven't taken advantage of my single-hood and the opportunity that I can freely just leave when I want to.  I try to lay low in the summer and only travel when kids are in school.  Rates are cheaper and the crowds are thinner.  As I was driving home from the cute little Kuna Library with my sequels to These Is My Words I was thinking that it is past time for a vacation, at least a mini vacation.  I need vacations, not only to go on them, but to have something to look forward to.  I do have a trip planned to the Northeast the first week in October, but that is more than 2 months away.  I need something now.  I have 4 days the end of August and a week in September that I can go somewhere, but it's trying to decide where to go that is the hardest part.  I love Seattle and my dear friend Aubrey who lives there.  My friend Pam lives in Florida, it would be fun to see her and I've never visited FL.  Of course I love Charlotte and always love to visit.  I've never toured San Francisco, Santa Barbara or Portland, OR which are closer than the east coast.  I have a Dr. friend from CLT that moved to San Diego that I'd love to see.  I do love NYC but have always wanted to visit Boston.  Decisions, Decisions.  I'm sure I'll come to one soon.  I also have the week before Christmas off and think it would be fun to visit NYC then or maybe by then I'll need to go somewhere warm like FL or the Caribbean.  For now, I'll just enjoy all the travel magazine that Grandma Betty has been collecting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment