Friday, July 13, 2012

100 Degree Days Of Summer FF

1.  Monday and Thursday I learned that the heat of 108 in Boise doesn't come close to being as hot as the heat from 90 and humidity in CLT.  I think I'll take a dry 108 any day.  The last 6 days have been 100 or greater, yep it's summer all right!
2.  I seem to be missing my CLT girlfriends a lot this week, however I am slowly making new girlfriends who come over in the afternoons on my days off to let their kids swim, while we chat and cool off by sipping icey, fruit drinks.
3.  I am grateful for all the firemen/women who risk their lives to fight all of the fires here in Idaho and across the nation.
4.  I had a patient this week who shared with me the anguish and guilt that he had been carrying for the past 10 days that he cheated on his wife whom he loved.  It made me grateful and humble for the opportunity to be the one to counsel this man and talk to him about forgiveness and love.  My heart went out to him for the mistake he made, but instead of judging him, I felt a little of what the Savior feels towards him.  It was a feeling that I don't think I have ever experienced in that kind of situation.
5.  I also had a patient this week that told me of his experience as a drug dealer.  It was actually pretty interesting and he was a totally cool guy.  He told me that that he would take different drugs across the country to sell and he never got caught until he moved to Idaho.  He said that there are doctors that would write prescriptions for him for $100 and slip them through the back door.  Totally crazy and stupid of doctors; a shame to the medical profession.  He has recently been released after serving 5 years.  He told me that most people he sold drugs to were normal every day people with carriers.  The crazy thing his wife had no clue that he was a drug dealer.  She must have really loved him, because she stayed with him even though he told her she could do what she felt she needed to do.  They now have a baby on the way and I think he learned his lesson.
6.  Serving others brings great happiness to me, even if it is as simple as water.
7.  Lemon Meringue Pie Ice Cream will be my favorite treat for Summer 2012!
8.  I finally made Quinoa and believe this will become a main staple in my cooking.
9.  Miss Bridget Nan Turned the BIG ONE YEARS OLD this week!  Oh how we love those blue, sparkling eyes, her chubby cheeks, her sweet personality and her precious hugs.  I'm so lucky to be her aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment