Friday, July 27, 2012

How Can It Be The Last Friday Of July 2012

This month has flown by faster than I'd like.  One more month of "summer" and it will be over.  Hopefully the summer weather will hang on through at least September.
1.  Yesterday was a sad day...I finally got the title to my car, thanks to it being in storage and having to get it from NC and today I got Idaho plates.  Not quite sure how I feel about that, but now I don't have to worry about being pulled over for out of state plates, even though my uncle says they can't do that.  The best part of the whole thing was I thought I'd spend my entire day at the DMV.  Nope, in and out in 10 minutes!
2.  Given that I didn't spend the entire day at the DMV and that I forgot my paper work at home when I went to get my passport, I had the entire afternoon free.  Tristen talked me into going to her house.  Abe had dropped Olivia off at her house for the day.  We had a lovely lunch of grilled ham and cheese and spicy tomato soup.  We then went to the lovely wal-mart where I got some main staples and the wrong hot curlers, that I will have to take back, you know since my other ones are in storage.  Then we went to Mc Donalds for an ice cream and strawberry lemonade.  Then back to Tristens where we watched Olivia and Aidree play in Tristen's makeshift slip n slide.  Tristen made lasagna rolls and I made zucchini fries for dinner.  Yummy!  Yes, a full day indeed.
3.  I have been watching the fields as they have been growing over the past few months in my travels back and forth from Nampa to Boise.  It is a reminder that Heavenly Father is amazing and created such a beautiful world that we live in.  I can't believe how big the corn is and the wheat is just now being harvested.
4.  My dad is the best tomato grower ever.  Our tomato plants are going crazy with lots of green tomato's.  Only another month and we will have harvest.  His trick...just a shovel of cow poop from his pasture.
5.  We had a very fun 24th of July celebration, which I was in charge of on Saturday.  We had dutch oven cooking, old fashioned games, a parade, and the highlight snow cones!
6.  I finished another amazing book; These Is My Words this week and then passed it on to my Aunt Thalia.  Hope she enjoys it as much as I did.  I loved it so much that I've started the sequel already.
7.  My VT brought me blackberries from her yard.  They brought me memories of when I would purchase them from the farmers market in CLT.  Of course they weren't nearly as delicious and juicy as the ones in the south, but they were pretty good.
8.  I talked to my cousin Emily for an hour a few nights ago.  I sure miss her.  We had such fun when we lived together in Kentucky.
9.  Pool days with the ladies doesn't ever get old!
10.  I accomplished one of the goals that I set for myself at the beginning of the year!  I put together and published my first blog book.  I started with the first year 2009, which is only 48 pages.  I'm scared to see how many pages the following years will contain.  I ordered it last night and can't wait to get it!  Hooray for accomplishing goals.  Only 2 more years to publish and I'll be caught up.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...dutch oven food. Love that stuff. I have a dutch oven but rarely use it. Maybe it's a sign I need to cook in it soon.

    Love that book- glad you enjoyed it as well.

    That is one of my goals in life- to make a book of my blog posts. What company did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blurb, I'll have to let you know how I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taya just told me about that book Tuesday! I'm going to go reserve it online right now. =)

    I wore that red skirt you gave me and got lots of compliments on it. I'd rather have you here than your skirt, but... =)

    ReplyDelete