Saturday, June 1, 2013

Friday Night Fish Tacos

I have to write this recipe down before I forget it, because I basically made up, given the fact that I couldn't find the recipe I usually use.  We had delicious fish tacos last night and Aunt Leslie said it was her most favorite thing that I made while I was there; even though I think most things I make are good and really my favorite was the peach pie.  I must say it was a rather delicious meal though.
I marinated Cod in 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp minced garlic, salt and pepper, juice from 1 lime for a few hours.  Actually I had never marinated this before so I did half marinated and half with just salt and pepper.  I liked the marinated better, it gave it more flavor.  I bought a little over 3 pounds of cod.  Amy my culinary cousin says' you should figure 1/2 pound of fish for each person.  There were 8 of us and 3 pounds gave us a little left over.
Fish Taco Sauce (this is the important part):  about 1 cup sour cream, about 1/2 cup Mayo, sprinkle in some dill (I like a lot and fresh is best), a little chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder, a little tabasco sauce, juice from 1 lime or maybe a little less depending how limey you want it.  This seemed a little to sour which I don't remember it being (I wonder if it tasted different because I used low fat mayo) so I put in just a pinch of sugar, even though I know I didn't use this in the past.
Grill the cod on the grill.  I let my cousins husband the grill master cook the fish, I am not good at manning a grill.
I use corn tortilla's and I don't fry them, just a little Pam spray and a pan.  Layer corn tortilla with sauce, cabbage (or coleslaw mix which I used for only 68 cents and I didn't have to cut it up), cod, cheese and guacamole, which I made from 4 avocados, a tomato from the garden, salt and pepper, lime juice, a little grated onion; I can't remember or not if I put garlic in this.  I don't do cilantro, even though  a lot of recipe's call for it.  Add a coke zero and you have yourself a very enjoyable meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment