Friday, May 31, 2013

Last Phoenix FF

1.  It's hard to believe I've actually been in Phoenix for the past 10 weeks.  It has felt more like a vacation than a work assignment.  I have loved every moment of it.  I have so much enjoyed working at the Indian Health Services.  It is fun working with other contractors from my company as well.
2.  Monday night my cousin's Deborah, Amy, Jonathon and Janna and their families came for dinner.  Jonathon just came here last week with his family for an optometry rotation.  He will be here for the 3 hottest months of the year.  His sister Janna has been here for almost a year as her husband is getting his masters degree in social work.  It was fun to have a Memorial Day BBQ/Cookout.
3.  I finished a really good book Edenbrook this week. If you haven't read it you should.  I'm totally into books that take place in London and in the 1800's.
4.  Wednesday I went to my cousin Amy's salon and had my hair cut again.  The salon was so enjoyable and relaxing.  I've never had someone spend so much time and paid attention to detail on my hair.  I liked my original shorter hair cut, but with my hair being so thick, I couldn't have it all one length; it looked like a football helmet or a mushroom.  I wanted some style.  I have it now, especially in the back.  I can't wait to try different styles with it.  I think having short hair is so much more fun than long and I love feeling free of hair all over.
5.  Nick's grandma called yesterday.  She is such a sweet lady.  Her and Nick are coming to MVY this Summer for a few days.  She was just calling me to tell me how excited she was to come for a visit.
6.  Sweet Sister Bean passed away this week from a stroke.  The greatest thing is she didn't have to wait long to see her husband again, as he passed away a year ago.  She was such an elegant, kind lady.  I'm so grateful for her example in my life.
7.  The packing started last night.  Can't believe I'll be home tomorrow.  It has been such fun being here with Aunt Leslie and Uncle Gordon, building stronger relationships with them, my cousins here and making wonderful memories.
8.  Aunt Leslie bought me a kitchen timer and a white noise machine for a going away present.  Yep, the two things I became addicted to here.  I can't sleep without a white noise machine now.  Isn't that crazy, especially because I can't stand the sound of a bathroom fan.  But I slept with a white noise machine here and so now I'm addicted.  As for the kitchen timer, it just doesn't compare to the microwave timer.  I love it!  I won't however miss finding a fake spider in my bed, in my clothes, or it being thrown on me out of no where.  Kind of a funny thing; this family loves to scare each other with fake animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment