Monday, May 13, 2013

Deborah's Strawberry Spinach Salad

My cousin Deborah makes an amazing Strawberry Spinach Salad that is so delicious and totally simple to throw together and the kids love it.  I would have to say the dressing is about the most delicious poppy seed dressing I've ever had and not greasy like some.  She brought this for dinner yesterday so I thought I would share it with you.
Easy simple ingredients:  spinach, sliced fresh strawberries, slivered almonds.  If you want to put anything else in go for it.  I bet a little bacon, feta cheese or avocado would be yummy in it.  She said it called for red onions, but I don't really like onions on my salad.
Poppy Seed Dressing:
1/2 C. Mayo; the olive oil one that only has 3.5 grams of fat
1/2 C. Sugar
1/4 C. Milk
2T Vinegar
2T Poppy Seeds
Combine, throw together and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment