Sunday, May 12, 2013

Macaroni Grill's Bread

Today for our Mother's Day Dinner I made a pot of spaghetti sauce with all home grown herbs, oregano, rosemary and basil.  I originally had cheated and bought herb pizza dough from Trader Joe's, that I was going to make into this same bread loaf.  However, I forgot it in the refrigerator at work yesterday.  So now I'm making my moms version of Macaroni's Grill Bread.  I love to dip this bread in balsamic vinegar and of course spaghetti sauce too.
1 3/4 Cup Water
2 T Yeast
Almost 1 T Salt
1 T Italian Seasoning
4 Cups Flour if you need to add a little more you can.  My mom told me 4 cups, but I had to start over and use only 3 Cups and a little.  I guess it depends how dry or wet your climate is.  I know in CLT I always had to use more flour than in the west.
Make into round loaves and place on a sheet pan.
Let Raise
Brush the top with water before cooking.
Cook on 400 for 25 minutes
Makes 2 round loaves

No comments:

Post a Comment