Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Summer Reading Program

My Summer Reading Program started when it felt like Summer.  That means the last week in March when I came to Phoenix, duh.  It is truly Summer here 100 degree temperatures all week!  What does this mean?  Lots of reading in the sun in my bathing suit, on the couch were it is 69 inside and I'm wrapped in a blanket as I lounge around in my Hawaiian moo moo or on the swing when the sun is setting as the wind chimes make beautiful music.  I'm on my 3rd book for the week.  I started Richard Paul Evans new book A Step Of Faith at 2:30 this afternoon and am already on page 173 (And I made dinner in the mean time and went for a very warm walk.).  I might just finish it tonight, but probably not.  I think I should be feeling guilty that I'm sitting around reading so much, but then my aunt reassures me (from the other couch with her book in hand) that I worked hard this morning and I deserve to relax.  Ha, I've never been so relaxed as I have been the last 7 1/2 weeks, unless of course I'm at the beach.   I feel like I'm on vacation and vacation to me is a book in one hand, a cold drink in the other (grapefruit juice is the choice of drink these days) and lots of sunshine; all of which I have right here in Phoenix.  The best part is that my aunt works at Deseret Book so she has previewed all of the books she hands me, meaning she doesn't give me the boring ones.  I keep telling her she needs to read These Is My Words, my favorite Summer read from last year.  Maybe I'll just have to order it for her before I leave.  Oh, such a great series.  I think I will have to make that series a Summer Tradition.  One of the many things I look forward to on Martha's Vineyard is the fact that I can get a library card that is good for all of the libraries on MVY.  Better believe I'll be using it weekly!  Any good books you've read recently?  I'll gladly take suggestions.  Happy Summer Reading Folks (even though I know it's still Spring according to the calendar)!

No comments:

Post a Comment