Sunday, May 5, 2013

Artichoke Sunday

I have had a new experience since coming to Phoenix.  Of course it involves food; remember I'm a social eater.  A few weeks ago we went to Debs for dinner.  Our vegetable was half an artichoke.  I love dips with artichoke, but I've never eaten an artichoke from leaf to heart.  Here in Phoenix they dip artichoke in mayo the one made with olive oil and herbs and the one with only 3.5 grams of fat.  Last night after work, I stopped at Trader Joes.  While checking out I glanced down the way and saw a beautiful display of artichokes with a sign that said 99 cents.  Of course I had to buy a few.  Funny thing my uncle had bought some too and already had boiled them by the time I got home.  So today for dinner we had grilled NY steak that I brought from my weekend home and artichokes.  Oh, yummy.  I believe my new favorite, good for me food is now artichokes.  Try them, you can't say you don't like them if you've never actually had them.  Here are a few pictures from my first artichoke experience:

No comments:

Post a Comment