I truly have had one of the most incredible Summers of my life here on Martha's Vineyard. I'm going to miss so many wonderful things about this little island...
1. I have made some amazing friends here including my friend Melanie. We had a wonderful dinner last night. It was so fun to sit and talk with her. She is always full of good advice. I really am going to miss her.
2. I love hearing the sound of the horn from the ferry letting us town-folk know of its arrival several times a day.
3. I have so much enjoyed everything about my job here in the ER. The staff have been absolutely magnificent, friendly, helpful and so much fun to work with. What I have done here is true ER medicine, which I love! There is a sense of accomplishment when you can stitch someone's laceration and send them out the doors better than when they walked in. I was walking into work yesterday and thinking of how I felt so much at home here; maybe I'll make this my permanent Summer home...
4. Nantucket Lemonade is cheaper here than any other place in the country and more delicious than any other lemonade...3 bottles for 4 dollars at our local stop and shop. I love this stuff. Lemonade to me screams Summer!
6. Have you ever heard of a hermit? It's a delicious, soft molasis cookie with rasins, which I get at Scottishbake house. So yummy! And my friend Anthony brought me two today!
7. I'm really going to miss jogging by the ocean. There is just nothing like it. Tomorrow I'll be back to jogging down to the park with brown grass and concrete.
9. Of course my library here! I'm sure going to miss our times together.
10. I think what I'm going to miss more than anything is being able to drive a mile or so to the beach where I can let go of my stress and relax while the sun beats down on me and the waves roll in!
11. This is what fall looks like here today...and I drive by this awesome ski gate daily.