1. I am so loving the fact that it's the middle of November and its still in the 80's here. It makes me really want to take the job here! I don't care that it gets close to 120 in the Summer, at least it isn't snowing here. Still trying to decide...
2. Raspberries have been super cheap here which means I have been eating them every night! I would say that if I could choose only 1 fruit to eat for the rest of my life it would be raspberries!
3. We had dinner at Laura's on Sunday and celebrated her cute daughters 7th birthday. It has been so much fun to spend time with my cousins and their darling kids. Did you know I have 43 first cousins on my dads side and 8 cousins on my mom's side. When I was a kid (and even now) we use to all gather at our grandparents on Sundays. I'm grateful for my cousins and the memories and relationships I have with them.
5. I'm going to SLC today for a very quick, spur of the moment trip. I love that 3 days ago I got a plane ticket for 112 round trip on Allegiant Airlines. We shall see how this works...Cheap is kind of scary, but better than over 600 on Delta.
6. Aunt Leslie made her famous crustless pumpkin pie last week. Oh yum! What a great thing to come home to at night! And to think it's healthy! Thanks to her I'll share the recipe:
3 slices of bread she uses her homemade wheat bread
2 cups or 1/2 can pumpkin
1 can fat free evaporated milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
She say's the key is not to let this get too done. Bake 350 for 30 minutes or until the knife comes out a little bit wet.
7. I'm still waiting on the grapefruit to hurry up and ripen. I had one the other day, but it wasn't quite done. Soon though, very soon!