Sunday, November 30, 2014

Gratitude

The month of November always gives me time to reflect on the many things that I'm thankful for; this year was no different.  On this last day of November, as we head into the month of December, I am especially grateful for Christ, His birth, His life, and His Atonement.  Every year my gratitude for the Savior strengthens through the experiences and challenges which I am to endure on this journey of life.  It is because of Him that I'm able to push forward a better, stronger person.

Last November I was so grateful for the miracles of health and healing, and this year I continue to be ever grateful for those miracles.  I'm grateful for work, to be able to work and for good honest company's that I have a chance to be a part of.  I'm grateful to be able to travel and to see Heavenly Father's beautiful creations.  I'm grateful for my body that continues to heal, that it can bounce back from all it went through and that I'm able to work out as hard as I do at the gym.  I'm grateful the neuropathy due to the chemo is much improved.  I'm grateful for my family, the relationships we have with each other and the love that we share even more-so because of the trials that we have experienced together. I'm grateful that my testimony has never wavered, for the knowledge I have of the gospel and that I stand firmly planted in my faith.  I'm grateful for answers to prayers, even if they may take four years to be answered.  I'm grateful for the people the Lord puts in our paths to bring about answers to prayers, even if they have to bring about heartbreak and tears.  I'm grateful for the healing of a broken heart, which comes only through time, the gift of the atonement and more answered prayers.

I'm grateful for a bright future ahead of me, for the excitement of new chapters in life.  I'm grateful for happiness, for hope, for faith, for the support of loved ones and for light.  I love the following quotes on gratitude:

"May we be found among those who give our thanks to our Heavenly Father.  If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues."  -Thomas S. Monson
"When we give thanks in all things, we see hardships and adversities in the context of the purpose of life.  We are sent here to be tested.  There must be opposition in all things.  We are meant to learn and grow through that opposition, through meeting our challenges, and through teaching others to do the same." -Dallin H. Oaks

"I have found that, rather than dwelling on the negative, if we will take a step back and consider the blessings in our lives, including seemingly small, sometimes overlooked blessings, we can find greater happiness."  -Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment