Sunday, May 14, 2017

Bali Days 9, 10, 11 and HOME

Sunday I woke not feeling well.  I actually puked on my way to breakfast over the banister, while the people below me were enjoying their breakfast.  I couldn't help it.  I think it was because I was really hungry and I took my pills on an empty stomach.  I felt much better after that, but it was kind of annoying.  I ate a simple breakfast and walked out with a delicious piece of whole wheat bread that I took so that I'd have something with me if I needed it at church.  We took a taxi not too far from our resort to the local Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints.  It was actually kind of hard to find in the strip mall we got dropped off at, but I just followed a guy in a white shirt to the building that had wood letters L, D, S above the door. I played the little keyboard since they didn't have anyone to play. The titles of the hymns were in Balinese so I had to just play the first few notes to know what song I was playing.  There were about 70 people there, mostly visitors.  They said they had only had that many people one other time, but there was a group of 26 visiting from Utah.  We also met some people from New Zealand.  It was a very lovely service and the spirit was very strong.  They only had one deacon passing the sacrament because they only had one tray for the water and the bread.  It was actually pretty neat and gave me more time to think about the Savior and all that I have been blessed with.

After church I ate my delicious bread!  I actually didn't feel very well all day.  I layed out and listened to the ocean and my book.  We had a lovely dinner at a Japanese restaurant in the hotel.  It was fun, but after I ate, I had the worst pain most of the night that I'd had in a few weeks.  Thankfully I was able to go to a pharmacy and get some steroids earlier in the day, which seem to help some of my pain.
Monday I was feeling much better.  As we were heading down to the pool we went into the spiritual sanctuary to return some dvd's.  Pam and her family were in there dressing in the traditional Balinese clothing, so of course we had to do the same.  It was pretty fun.  Would have had some better pictures if I had on some makeup and not my bathing suit.  During this time we had a crazy rainstorm and then the sun came out so we could spend the rest of the day in the pool and clamming the beach for shells.
That evening we enjoyed our last meal on the beach during sunset.  It has been such a wonderful time spending some much time with Pam and her family.  They are such fun and we've made some incredible memories. 

Because we were originally suppose to leave Tuesday morning, but then ended up leaving Tuesday night, we had to get a different hotel because the one we were staying in was booked.  This one didn't disappoint.  The best thing was it had 3 beds.  We thought it was pretty funny, but totally awesome!  I really loved the rooftop pool that I didn't get a picture of.  I heard from someone in Bali that they don't have tall buildings because no building should be taller than their temples.  I recall being told that no hotel has more than 6 floors.   The bathtubs in all of our rooms are so cool.
Since we had a late flight mom and I got a pedicure, we did a little street shopping where we bought some beautiful sarongs and had our last Asian meal for I hope a while.  We spent most of our day in the departure lounge which was kind of boring.
Our flight from Bali was comfortable because we were in the front seats.  We met a sweet lady from Australia who had just finished treatment for Breast Cancer.  Her boyfriend was the one who actually found the lump.  Her story was crazy, but she had a great attitude and a beautiful smile. I wish I would have gotten her information so I could have followed her on social media.

Since we had a 5 hour layover in Sydney we thought we could go out and tour, but non of us slept from Bali and were super tired when we got to Sydney.  There are couches all over which was great, because I put on my eye sleeper coverup thing, my head phones in my ears and fell asleep for 2 hours.  It wasn't long enough but it was sleep.

Our flight from Sydney was worse than from Bali.  The bad thing was both flights didn't have movies for us to watch because they were broken.  The flight from Bali didn't even give us soda or food.  At least we had that from Sydney.  I think I maybe only slept an hour or so.  Lets just say I don't ever want to fly from Bali to the US again.  It was crazy long.  What was even worse is about 3 hours from landing in LA I got sick as in was in the bathroom a lot.  It was even worse when I got to LA and spent my hour or so layover occupied in the handicap stall.  GRRR.  I seriously prayed I'd get home without having an accident.  Thankfully it worked, because the imodium didn't.

When I got home I wasn't sure what to do first, eat, sleep or take a shower.  I was deliriously so tired and so not feeling well.  I quickly fell asleep on the couch until I had to spend the next 2 1/2 days closer to the bathroom.  I did everything not to get travelers diarrhea, but I guess it didn't work.  And it doesn't help that I don't have a sigmoid colon.  I know, TMI, but it's real folks.  Thankfully my friend brought me some electrolytes and my other friend called me in a prescription for an antibiotic, since my Dr's office wanted me to come down to give them a specimen.  Really; the couch was even to far from the bathroom.  Did they think I could actually drive down to poop in a cup for them.  I didn't even bother to respond to their stupidity and took it into my own hands.

Thankfully by yesterday I felt much better and was able to work.  I slept pretty much 2 1/2 days and today mom actually called my friend to come check on me since I slept through her 40 calls (my phone was on vibrate) and it was 11 and I was still sleeping.  Oh the joys of Jetlag!

This was such an incredible vacation.  One I will never do again, but so grateful I was able to visit two more continents.  What a beautiful world Heavenly Father has created for us to enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment