Monday, March 14, 2011

Spur Of The Moment Trip To Charleston


I woke up to a beautiful sunset yesterday morning. I took this from my bathroom window.
This one too, but can you tell I didn't use zoom. That is why you get the screen. But you get the beauty a bit right?
Since before Christmas I have said I was going to Charleston in the Spring, before the humidity and heat returned. Every time I've ever been there it has been so ghastly hot and humid that it hasn't been enjoyable. So last night at like 9pm my cousin Deborah and I decided we were going to Charleston this morning. I picked her up around 11 and off we went. Charleston is just under 2 hours from Columbia, which seems so close when you stop in Columbia. Of course Columbia is about an hour and a half from Charlotte. I love that I can get to the beach in less than 4 hours. When we got to Charleston, we checked into our hotel. The kids were dying to get to the beach as was I. It was a beautiful day, weather was about 80. Why is it things like this are so cute when you are 5?

However down at the beach it was a bit windy, which felt kind of cool. It didn't bother the kids any. They acted like it was the middle of summer as they romped around in the water. It was so relaxing, with my feet in the sand, the wind blowing my hair, and chatting with my cousin.I thought this was interesting, this guy's all bundled up, yet the women behind us are barely wearing anything.
I was a wee bit chilly, as I'm all bundled up with my towel. Please ignore my drooping breasts in this shirt. I don't think I'll ever wear it again after this photo. And I look 50 pounds heavier in all pictures next to Deb. So not fair I didn't get any height.Scary hair, I told you it was windy down there.
When we had had enough, we went back to the hotel to change for dinner. We ate dinner at Sister Middlebrooks favorite place California Dreaming. Deborah and I had She Crab soup which was delicious and we shared a gigantic salad, that we of course didn't even begin to finish and the croissants were incredible. We then drove down to the historic part of town where Deborah, the kids and I got to enjoy the beauty of the southern homes. We then hit an ice cream parlor which was delicious. All in all it was a great spring day!
Have you ever seen a boat storage garage? Now you have. We thought it was pretty cool.

Who doesn't love a little one doing their hair? This is what I call relaxing.

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to do something spontaneous like that. =)

    ReplyDelete