Sunday, September 11, 2011

An Absolutely Fabulous Sunday

Today was a great day. Didn't sleep all that great last night, as a few hours after I went to bed at midnight I woke up starving, so had to get up and eat some cereal. So I would have loved to have slept in, but I go to church on Sunday's. Every single one, no if, ands, or buts about it. My sister Tenielle flew in last night! That meant we both had to get ready and be out the door by 830 to get to church on time. I played the organ today and couldn't believe how many people were there. Actually we had a record for some time. We had 243 there, tons of investigators and a few new families. I love my ward family and am going to be sad to leave them. Every time I think of leaving them my eyes well up with tears.
After church Tenielle and I got things ready for dinner, talked about our morning 10 years ago on Blaine Avenue when with towels on our heads we saw our nation changed forever, and even snuck in a short nap before my friend Karen's family, excluding her traveling husband and my friends Katie and Seth's family came for dinner. We had a total of 7 young kids in my home. Their laughter and chatting was truly music to my ears. I love these kids, they bring me so much joy and happiness. Our dinner was so yummy too. I made roasted vegetables and garlic balsamic pork tenderloin; first time for both which were delicious. We also had home canned applesauce, Tenille made yummy rolls, and we had apple crisp for dessert. Remember I'm a social eater so yes I'm going to go into detail. Big plus that I got to eat Sunday dinner with people, one of my favorite things. We had such great conversations and had a wonderful time building upon friendships.




Tenielle and I are going to NYC on Wednesday. We are going to visit the 9/11 memorial, which I'm sure will be very touching. I'm still awed as all are at the events of 9/11. The last few days I've watched programs about the firefighters who went into the buildings. A total of 343 were lost that day. One of the wives said that her husband still would have gone into those buildings knowing he was going to die, because that is what he did? I wonder, would I have too? It was interesting to see on one show that the ER's had set up triage 's outside, but when the buildings came down there wasn't much they could do to help anyone. I wonder how I would have felt as a health care provider knowing I couldn't do anything with my skills and knowledge.

1 comment:

  1. Uh, apparently it couldn't have been the perfect Sunday because I wasn't there!!! JK :). I love Sunday get-togethers with wonderful friends. They are the best! Can you stuff me in your bag when you go to NY? Please?

    ReplyDelete