Monday, September 5, 2011

Apparently Summer Is Over...

Apparently Summer is over given the fact that today is Labor Day and school is in session. This past summer definitely didn't go quite as I had planned. Don't get me wrong, it was a great summer. I don't recall having "getting a new job" on my summer to do list though . As of this week I only have 6 weeks until I'm officially finished with my job here. It is a bittersweet feeling.
I love this time of year when the days finally cool off. We have had a very hot, very humid, very long summer here in the south, but I still love it and will miss it, well maybe not the month of July! I will miss so much hanging out at momma Middlebrooks pool all afternoon, chatting, drinking fruit drinks, sitting in the pool with my book in hand, and chatting. I love my summers! Love the sun. Love the atmosphere at the pool. And will be back for a few days in the sun each summer for sure. I will admit I am just a little excited for sweater season, autumn colors, fall leaves, and the smell of pumpkin spice; of course with my flip flops and painted toenails!

1 comment:

  1. bring on the soup and bread!!!!! I'm ready for fall :).

    ReplyDelete