Thursday, September 29, 2011

Days Like Today Make Me Want To Stay

Days like today make me want to stay put here in Charlotte. It was on of those days that you soak up every minute of, knowing it will soon be gone. I met up with several women in my ward at the park for lunch. We each brought a lunch and some brought dessert. It was so fun to mingle given the fact that Sunday's are far from the time to get to know the people in your ward. I'd guess there were a good 25 sisters there. We have some amazing sisters in our ward. I know this is going to be the hardest thing about leaving Charlotte. I love my ward, especially the fantastic friendships that I've developed over the past 4 years.
My drivers license expires on my birthday. Given the fact that it is just too close for comfort from when I move to the day it expires I decided it would just be safer it I paid the $32 and got a new one. It's good for 8 years so if in that time I decide to move back, I won't have to retake that incredibly hard test. As I waited for them to call ticket 175, I enjoyed an hour and 20 minutes of conversation with a man who had just moved to clt. He had lived in many places, had several rentals, and was full of advice. It was amazing how quickly that hour and 20 minutes went by.
Since I was near by, I had to stop in at my favorite Sushi joint for my last Tiger Roll. It was delicious, but not as good when I share conversation with my friend Carley, as she is usually the only person I go there with. I then stopped by the cute little furniture store down the street from my house, where I purchased a coat rack. I have been wanting a coat rack for a long time and finally got a darling one that will be perfect for all of the coats and scarves that I will use in just 1 short month.
I then went to Talbots for my last time for what I know will be several months. The employees know me very well, probably the most of any place I go to in CLT. I only spent close to 2 hours there, but got some amazing deals. Most were 75% off the lowest marked price and then I had a coupon for an extra 10% off my entire purchase. I won't tell you how much I spent, but I got some good finds; mostly basics like tank tops and short sleeved shirts which are nice to put under jackets and sweaters, 3 pairs of dress pants as I will now be dressing up for work most days, 2 pairs of jeans not like I need anymore jeans, but I really liked the way these fit, and 2 darling jackets. I mean really, who can pass up a jacket that only costs $10, regularly $100?
By then it was nearly 8 and time for book club at Taya's. I didn't read the book and we didn't really talk about the book, but boy did we have an enjoyable time talking and eating some amazing cinnamon rolls made by Taya.
Yes, I will miss these dear friends who aren't just friends, but who have become family. My mom commented today about how she knows how hard it will be for me to leave my friends as they have all been so good to me. These are my "adult friends" the ones that will be my friends forever. Today at lunch Sister Sigg gave me the sweetest gift, a beautiful hankie with crochet around it. She said it was to catch my tears that I would shed on Sunday. It reminded me of my grandmother and something she would have given me. It reminded me of when I went through the temple and my aunt gave me one, saying it would have been what grandma Swensen would have given me if she was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment