Saturday, October 1, 2011

Yard Sale!

This morning I got up 2 hours ago at 630am to have my first ever yard sale. I knew that it was going to be cold, but not this cold. It's only 50 this morning. And then as I sat out I decided to look at the forecast in Deer Lodge. Today it's suppose to be in the 70's, but by the end of the week the high is only suppose to be in the 40's and there is a ? snow. I had to go in and change from my flip flops into socks, I have a long sleeved shirt and jacket on and a blanket and I'm still cold. How will I ever survive in DL? Well, for starters I won't be sitting out on a Saturday morning having a yard sale. I only am doing it because my community did all of the publicizing, I have lots to get rid of, and instead of just giving it away I might as well make a few bucks. So far in the first 1 1/2 hours I've made $56. Not too shabby. I'll let you know the final. Can't imagine it will be much more. It's funny to see all the cars drive by, some stop, some just walk slowly by, and other's rummage through all of my crap and bargain trying to find the best deal. Heck I'll take a buck for pretty much anything. I had this over the stove top thing that I took out when I first moved here. I was just going to throw it away, but some guy just bought it for $5. He also bought this crappy vacuum that I bought when I first moved here for $5 and my lawn blower thing for $5. Sweet deal. I mean really I could have just tossed them, but no I made a few bucks. I still have tons of clothes. I guess people don't go to yard sales for clothes. I will just have to give them to my friends and then what they don't take they'll have to take them to the goodwill. I will take some of this left over stuff to the church on Thursday for our swap table for RS, then the rest of it is going to the goodwill for a nice tax write off. As for this yard sale thing, I'd be ok if I don't have one again. Although this little guy just came with his cash box, sorry there's no toys here. But low and behold he just bought this little lantern for $2. It was so cute to see him walk away with his new treasure. I'm really sad that I just sold all of my bar stools. They were something I looked for for along time and went so well with my decor. They weren't comfortable by any means, but they looked good. I got them for $25 each and just sold them for $30 (all together), not to shabby of a return, since I did use them for nearly 7 years. Ok, so I've been out here in the cold for 3 hours and I've made a total of $91, so I think it is time to go in, get ready for the day, enjoy a session of conference, and then work my last weekend. Not so excited for the working part, but conference is always wonderful. And I might add Boise State plays Nevada today. Boy do I love my Boise State Bronco's. It's one of the greatest things about the fall; GO BRONCO'S! Oh and by the way, Happy October 1st. Only 12 days before I leave=(

1 comment:

  1. If your feet weren't so dang small (or mine so dang big) than you could have made a little more $....but I'll just have to raid the swap table and see what other goodies you have :).

    ReplyDelete