Friday, October 14, 2011

Cleveland Day 1

I couldn't go to sleep last night.  I was so tired and it was so annoying when I looked at the clock and it was 2am, I was like really.  To make matters worse I woke before 8, my body is use to 5 or 6 hours of sleep.  I guess I need to retrain my body for at least 7 or 8.  We were pretty lazy this morning.  First lazy morning in quite a while.  Well, it wasn't really lazy, I was on the phone most of the morning with different people.  I did get my mail switched; it's progress on the to do list.  We did eat lunch at a fabulous sandwich shop and then we hit an awesome thrift store where I purchased 4 coats under $40.  I got this totally awesome vintage lime green coat.  I will have to take a picture and show it to you.  I also found my mom a pink vintage coat.  That played out like this...Me: mom look at this awesome vintage coat.  Mom:  Oh, I love it let me try it on.  It fits me.  Me: uh that was me showing it to you, not here is a coat for you mom...It did look better on her and she bought it along with several pair of shoes for the grand kids.
My cousin Abe who we are staying with is in his last year of podiatry residency.  He is hilarious.  We have been laughing a lot.  He has an amazing memory and keeps bringing up childhood memories that I didn't remember, like the fact that when we would get lemon meringue pie we would take off the meringue because no one likes it and I would squish it through my fingers.  How he remembered that I'll never know.
It is absolutely beautiful here.  The colors on the trees and the Halloween decorations are in full force here.  The Halloween decorations are like Christmas decorations here.  It is a bit nippy, like fall weather here...yep, we're not in NC anymore.  I have my jacket on over my pj's.  This could be a long winter, but I have coats!

No comments:

Post a Comment