Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's Getting Too Close

I kind of feel numb to the fact that I'm moving most of the time, but other times I really feel it.  Like tonight when I had to say goodbye to Dr. M.  I have such respect and regard for that man.  If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be where I am today.  He offered me the job as hospitalist and when the company was bought out, he gave me the chance of a lifetime to work in the ER.  I will never forget him saying, "Don't let me down."  I think if asked he would proudly say that I didn't either.  As he hugged me tonight it was all I could do to get out of there with a smile on my face and without tears.  
Last night my friend LC helped me take down all of my pictures, the vinyl on the walls, and patch the nail holes.  She even fixed the drain stopper on my bathroom sink.  Who needs a man, I just need my girlfriends!  My house is in major disarray.  It is really driving me crazy.  The movers come on Wednesday to pack and I feel that I need to clean and organize before they come.  I have tomorrow off.  Lets hope that even though it is the sabbath that I can get a few things done on my to do list.  
Today while I sat at work doing not much of anything, I know can you believe I said those words?  It was extra, extra slow today, which was fine by me, however I kept thinking of all that I could be doing if I wasn't at work.  Anyway, I did call the cable/internet company to cancel that, which was one thing checked off my super long list of things to do.  And before work I enjoyed a Piyo class.  Just what I needed.  I also got my car washed.  They both felt really good.  And of course I spent $129 at Aldies buying my favorite canned foods.  I know my movers are going to wonder why I have so much food storage.  Tomorrow I say my official goodbye to my ward.  Let's hope I can keep my emotions under control.  I wonder if I'm the only one who cries when it comes to goodbyes.  I hate them, I'd rather just leave quietly, which is just what I have planned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment